Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The additional charge — a violation and not a crime — involves the same complainant, a 19-year-old male hotel shuttle driver.
The new count of harassment has been filed under a different legal theory, the district attorney’s office told this newspaper. It was not able to provide additional details early Wednesday morning.
Ottawa Senators assistant GM Randy Lee faces new harassment charge

Hmmm. Different legal theory? I'm lost.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok so we know now Lee is gay??Nothing wrong with this,but I thought he was a family man with kids

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am not a lawyer, but googling for 5 minutes suggests you cannot sue in civil court for class 2 harassment, maybe the way driver wishes to pursue charges changes his ability to seek compensation later on?
Again, not a lawyer just speculating.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Doesn't matter. He put himself in that situation.

So if he is innocent, then he should still be fired for "putting himself in that situation"??

What situation? Taking a shuttle to a hotel? I mean, the current situation doesn't sound great for Lee, but as a legal precedent, your post is the worst take in this entire thread. You are basically saying that even if he's innocent, he deserves to lose his job because he took a hotel shuttle.

Just awful.

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
So if he is innocent, then he should still be fired for "putting himself in that situation"??

What situation? Taking a shuttle to a hotel? I mean, the current situation doesn't sound great for Lee, but as a legal precedent, your post is the worst take in this entire thread. You are basically saying that even if he's innocent, he deserves to lose his job because he took a hotel shuttle.

Just awful.
If he "just took a shuttle to the hotel" he wouldn't be in court on July 6th.
Anyone that works or plays at a high level is held to a higher standard. Why would you want a guy in your organization who's job is to work with young kids, have this over them. All im saying is that with everything that Ottawa is going through, they are better off to cut ties with the guy like they did with Hoffman. Start fresh with someone new.

Reactions: branch

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Just awful.

I would say that he should have used an Uber, but we know how Melnyk feels about Ubers.

Reactions: slamigo

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If he "just took a shuttle to the hotel" he wouldn't be in court on July 6th.
Anyone that works or plays at a high level is held to a higher standard. Why would you want a guy in your organization who's job is to work with young kids, have this over them. All im saying is that with everything that Ottawa is going through, they are better off to cut ties with the guy like they did with Hoffman. Start fresh with someone new.

18 makes you a legal adult.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Just awful.
Like I said before if he is found innocent ,then the law must make the accuser liable for damages...To their full extent ....Way too many BS accusers that get off scott free after trashing someone elses life through misuse of the legal system

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone that works or plays at a high level is held to a higher standard.

A higher standard... Which prevents them from taking a hotel shuttle?

No. I'm sorry. This is a terrible take. Players coaches and hockey ops people have been taking hotel shuttles for decades. To think that Randy Lee is the one guy who should have avoided taking a hotel shuttle when there is decades of precedence of people in the league taking hotel shuttles with no incidents at all is preposterous.

I mean, if Randy Lee did anything wrong, it's allegedly assaulting someone. It's not taking a goddamned hotel shuttle.

This is the dumbest argument I've had on this site in months. It's so wrong that I'm shocked that I'm even involved in it in the first place.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Like I said before if he is found innocent ,then the law must make the accuser liable for damages...To their full extent ....Way too many BS accusers that get off scott free after trashing someone elses life through misuse of the legal system

The 19 year old driver has not gone to the public. He didn't tweet it, facebook it, sell his story to TMZ, he filed a police report based on the suggestion of the hotel security.
The DA decided to have an interview with the press to ensure that wild speculation was left out of this and to ensure Lee's reputation was not tarnished.
Looks like that didn't work out.

What is your base level for going after the accuser? Lee can get out of his whole situation unscathed but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad