Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Looks bad, I'm not saying it isn't, still pretty far away from the history books though. So many teams have been tarnished by insider betting, doping, affairs, assault, and yes, mismanagement plus more over the years that you would have to be ignorant to think this situation is anything special. Hate seeing this team crumble like this and of course the front row seats we have as fans of it make it worse, but I will stand by my hyperbole comment until something actually historic happens. Here's a little tip of the iceberg for you from something in a similar category, relatively recent and a million times worse:

Whenever I make reactionary statements like you made, based on what seems logical and realistic to me, the fickle finger of fate seems to come and bite me in the arse. I feel for you, my friend.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lee was director of player development for a while as well as a conditioning a development coach, I imagine he's giving input on how these kids project to develop physically. He wasn't in Buffalo for the Combine just to be a wallflower.
How they develop physically I would agree with since that's basically how he started with this franchise as a strength & conditioning coach.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Whenever I make reactionary statements like you made, based on what seems logical and realistic to me, the fickle finger of fate seems to come and bite me in the arse. I feel for you, my friend.

You and I have very different definitions of "reactionary"

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I hate that melynk is focusing on defending some weirdo get to the damn negotiating table a sign Karlsson, you prick!

I assumed that the comment "EM paying g for the lawyer" was a bit of a misleading statement meaning that the organization was funding his representation. All union jobs, and government jobs do this when things happen at work, and likely most teams who at the very least felt that their employee, who was at a work event, deserved the benefit of the doubt from them. I wouldn't try and make this a personal EM issue, seems like less the low hanging fruit, and more like the overripe fruit rotting on the ground.

As for the second bit, not a soul anywhere wants EM anywhere near any hockey operations, let alone a contract negotiation. He's always maintained that he stays out of it other than giving general financial blessings, so let's at the very least keep it that way. It's up to PD on that front, and likely requires that Hoffman is moved first.

This might actually explain why we haven't heard much about EK negotiations, as they have probably discussed that Hoffman being traded is the first consideration before a deal is signed. I suspect that PD has committed to trading Hoff, and is waiting for the draft when all teams are free to deal. The guys are away from the locker room so no one is in direct contact at this point. It'a also in EK's best interests to get the best deal possible for Hoff given that if he stays he would want the best team possible.

Crazy times this off season, one for the ages!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Can we just fire this clown so it appears that the org is doing something to counteract all of this f***ing negative publicity. Oh wait, nvm, it's a huge f***ing boys club. I totally forgot somehow.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Can we just fire this clown so it appears that the org is doing something to counteract all of this ****ing negative publicity. Oh wait, nvm, it's a huge ****ing boys club. I totally forgot somehow.

If the hotel employee had been a 19 year female instead of 19 year old male, the media sh*@#storm would have been incredible, #metoo and all. I wonder how the bozos running this team would have handled that one.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Just the fact that he is contributing to the continuing clownshow should be enough to get this guy shitcanned. But I guess everyone in the organization is.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
So Melnyk is ponying up for a high profile lawyer, and Lee has so far gone completely unscathed. Seems to me like something is up here. Does Lee have some major dirt on Melnyk?? (PURE speculation).

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
firing lee is a win-win in every way.. and we cant even do that

If Melnyk fires 50% of his hockey operations staff, the only option left for him would be to appoint himself as A/GM because it's not like he's going to hire someone else...or even find someone else who's interested in working for this clown organization.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
"With the 4th overall pick, the Ottawa Senators chose. Me, Eugene Melnyk. Also, I am now the Captain. Welcome to the team, me."
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad