Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Makes it sound like he'll be fired if he gets a guilty sentence. I think that was a great statement, I wish it was made two weeks earlier but I won't give them crap for making the proper decision here.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Makes it sound like he'll be fired if he gets a guilty sentence. I think that was a great statement, I wish it was made two weeks earlier but I won't give them crap for making the proper decision here.
And with that said, from a hockey ops POV, wtf is Dorion gonna do? He already has the smallest staff in the league. If he comes out of this offseason looking somewhat decent I'll be impressed.

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
It w
Pierre Dorion statement on Randy Lee:

This should have been done as soon as he was arrested. But at least they did it...
It would be reasonable to suspend him with pay until the matter has been decided in court.

It’ s possible that Randy is innocent and it wouldn’t be the first time a story has been made up. Let’s wait for the verdict before we heat the tar and pluck the chickens.

Reactions: aragorn

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
And with that said, from a hockey ops POV, wtf is Dorion gonna do? He already has the smallest staff in the league. If he comes out of this offseason looking somewhat decent I'll be impressed.
Will he be alone at the draft table?

I guess maybe the head scout will be there... I doubt The Euge makes an appearance at the draft.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Will he be alone at the draft table?

I guess maybe the head scout will be there... I doubt The Euge makes an appearance at the draft.
I think most if not all of the scouting staff is usually there. So Dorion, Guy, and scouts. I'd imagine the AGM usually fields a bunch of the calls for trades and what not though. With no agm and I believe no advisors (like Murray and Alfie were), Dorion is gonna be an even busier man than he already was.

Definitely the right call, just pointing out Dorion's situation here. He needs some help asap.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
It w

It would be reasonable to suspend him with pay until the matter has been decided in court.

It’ s possible that Randy is innocent and it wouldn’t be the first time a story has been made up. Let’s wait for the verdict before we heat the tar and pluck the chickens.

Umm, did you even read what I wrote? As soon as he was arrested he should have been suspended until his day in court.

He was in Buffalo for work, he was on his way back from an NHL combine event. This statement released today should have been released within 24hrs of the arrest being made.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Umm, did you even read what I wrote? As soon as he was arrested he should have been suspended until his day in court.

He was in Buffalo for work, he was on his way back from an NHL combine event. This statement released today should have been released within 24hrs of the arrest being made.
No disrespect, but yes, I read it and added that he should be paid too. I also mentioned the same thing last week.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
As much as you want to, you cannot take a random tweet as factual information.

Even it is true, you cannot fire him because he is gay. No matter how "sick" or "gross" you may think it. If his behavior warrants discipline then proceed, but we have to wait until he has been heard in front of the court.
This has nothing to do with being gay.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They probably wanted to investigate for themselves and just wanted to wait to make sure. I think them doing this now must mean they found out some more info.

I’m not opposed to them waiting a bit before suspending him.

Agreed.

I really dislike the crowdthought: if he is accused you have to suspend. Why?

I understand because the optics matter but the optics are all out of whack.

Reactions: aragorn

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Agreed.

I disagree. Suspending with pay protects the employer from accusations of sheltering a wrongdoer. Keeping him on the payroll while under suspension shows support (innocent until proven guilty) and doesn’t predispose the outcome of the proceedings.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Agreed.

I think whenever a person is arrested WHILE on company time they should automatically be suspended WITH pay until the case is resolved. Issue a simple statement (pretty much exactly what they did today):

“Mr Lee has been loyal member of this organization for nearly 25 years, however, due to the circumstances that unfolded yesterday in Buffalo, he will be suspended with pay until the matter is resolved in court. No further statement or comment from Randy or the team will be issued until then”

You don’t need a PR genius to realize this. It protects the team, it allows due process to take its course and gives options to the team once the issue has been resolved in court. If Randy didn’t want to be suspended then he shouldn’t have laid his hands on someone, especially after he was told to stop.

Reactions: OgieO

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site

There will be so many empty chairs around the Sens draft table that they'll need to put a tarp on at least a third of them.

Note: stole that from twitter

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I assumed that the comment "EM paying g for the lawyer" was a bit of a misleading statement meaning that the organization was funding his representation. All union jobs, and government jobs do this when things happen at work, and likely most teams who at the very least felt that their employee, who was at a work event, deserved the benefit of the doubt from them. I wouldn't try and make this a personal EM issue, seems like less the low hanging fruit, and more like the overripe fruit rotting on the ground.

As for the second bit, not a soul anywhere wants EM anywhere near any hockey operations, let alone a contract negotiation. He's always maintained that he stays out of it other than giving general financial blessings, so let's at the very least keep it that way. It's up to PD on that front, and likely requires that Hoffman is moved first.

This might actually explain why we haven't heard much about EK negotiations, as they have probably discussed that Hoffman being traded is the first consideration before a deal is signed. I suspect that PD has committed to trading Hoff, and is waiting for the draft when all teams are free to deal. The guys are away from the locker room so no one is in direct contact at this point. It'a also in EK's best interests to get the best deal possible for Hoff given that if he stays he would want the best team possible.

Crazy times this off season, one for the ages!
Players have the NHLPA. Front office NHL staff is not syndicated.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Can we just fire this clown so it appears that the org is doing something to counteract all of this ****ing negative publicity. Oh wait, nvm, it's a huge ****ing boys club. I totally forgot somehow.
It definitely is a boys’ club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad