Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Makes the allegations seem even more like a joke. He is in no danger from Lee, just wants his 15 minutes of fame to continue and to increase the likelihood of a payout.

Yeah because he's going to offer a massive payout to avoid paying a $500 fine on a non-criminal offense.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah because he's going to offer a massive payout to avoid paying a $500 fine on a non-criminal offense.
What is his earning potential if these accusations go away?

What is his earning potential if these accusations are proven in court?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
How much woukd Lee and/or the Sens pay to protect their name?
What name? Their name is dirt. Melnyk has already let us know he doesn't care about sexual harassment in the work place. Why would they pay to protect something from what they don't perceive to be a problem? Especially when he doesn't have to lift a finger and have people like you blame the victim.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What name? Their name is dirt. Melnyk has already let us know he doesn't care about sexual harassment in the work place. Why would they pay to protect something from what they don't perceive to be a problem? Especially when he doesn't have to lift a finger and have people like you blame the victim.
So why does the accuser take this step?

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
So why does the accuser take this step?

I don't know and neither do you. Maybe Lee made some effort to communicate with him and he doesn't want to deal with it. Or maybe he was worried that Lee would stay at his hotel again and he didn't want to deal with Lee.

However, to your broader point -> making random accusations about powerful people at your place of work is generally not a smart life-strategy, fyi. In general, our society penalizes people for coming forward with accusations of sexual harassment.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The teenager obtained the order back on June 1, the Friday before Lee's June 4 arraignment. This isn't a new development.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
200_s.gif

Reactions: branch

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
LOL

Even the somewhat decent news we get (Lee initially couldn’t attend) can only be a thing for like 3 days.

Is there amy hope that we don’t **** it up and he’s not at the draft?
I'd be very surprised if he has ever had any input at any draft, my guess would be that this is all about the scouts. Although they have a large contingent of people at the draft table, it's mostly the scouts that have the most input on prospects with the GM.

I would also be very surprised if he is even there tbh, I doubt they want his face on TV or have some eager journalist try & interview him. My guess is that he will either be in a back room hiding somewhere or left in Ottawa to view it on TV, the internet/skype &/or cell phone, hopefully, with responsible adult supervision, if there is any left in this organization.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd be very surprised if he has ever had any input at any draft, my guess would be that this is all about the scouts. Although they have a large contingent of people at the draft table, it's mostly the scouts that have the most input on prospects with the GM.

I would also be very surprised if he is even there tbh, I doubt they want his face on TV or have some eager journalist try & interview him. My guess is that he will either be in a back room hiding somewhere or left in Ottawa to view it on TV, the internet/skype &/or cell phone, hopefully, with responsible adult supervision, if there is any left in this organization.

Lee was director of player development for a while as well as a conditioning a development coach, I imagine he's giving input on how these kids project to develop physically. He wasn't in Buffalo for the Combine just to be a wallflower.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Less than 48-hours before the Karlsson-Hoffman situation:

This organization is maybe one moderately significant negative story away from being discussed in the history books of ineptitude and shame of poorly run pro-sports teams, if not there already.

Given that the NHL Draft is a week and a half away and free agency less than three weeks away, I trust we have the right people running things to get us etched in.

This hyperbole is one superlative away from being discussed in the history books of exaggeration bordering on sheer ignorance

This will be one of my favourites for a while lol....

Guess we didn't need Uncle Scrooge or DOHrion for the final nudge, as it turned out. I wonder where rock bottom is now....

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Lee was director of player development for a while as well as a conditioning a development coach, I imagine he's giving input on how these kids project to develop physically. He wasn't in Buffalo for the Combine just to be a wallflower.

Ha. Understatement of the week. Lol

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Less than 48-hours before the Karlsson-Hoffman situation:

This will be one of my favourites for a while lol....

Guess we didn't need Uncle Scrooge or DOHrion for the final nudge, as it turned out. I wonder where rock bottom is now....

Looks bad, I'm not saying it isn't, still pretty far away from the history books though. So many teams have been tarnished by insider betting, doping, affairs, assault, and yes, mismanagement plus more over the years that you would have to be ignorant to think this situation is anything special. Hate seeing this team crumble like this and of course the front row seats we have as fans of it make it worse, but I will stand by my hyperbole comment until something actually historic happens. Here's a little tip of the iceberg for you from something in a similar category, relatively recent and a million times worse:

What goes around comes around. Nobody knows this better than Belgian national team and Manchester City’s midfielder Kevin de Bruyne. It seems that Kevin got caught with his lady's best friend. So, what is a scorned wife to do? Well, Caroline Lijnen sought revenge in a very serious way. She allowed herself to be wined and dined by de Bruyne’s teammate, young stud goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois. She then took it to the next level by sleeping with the young Belgian star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad