Trade: Rams acquire first overall pick

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Looking at the current NFL QB's, knowing what we know now about them, which ones would you give up what the Rams did?

Brady
Ben
Luck
Rodgers
Cam
Brees

I think it's possible a few others could join that list (Ryan, Winston, Wilson)

In their draft years, knowing how they'd turn out, yes. And I'd probably add Wilson and Rivers.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They agreed to the trade last night at 930, but very nicely put it off to not distract anyone from Kobe's last game. Lots of respect for them.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Except Wentz or Goff aren't RG3 caliber prospects.

This is to ensure Jeff Fisher's record of mediocrity to be intact.

It's not too surprising when you think about for the Rams though. They wanted a "splash" type move to re-enter LA and considered a broken down Peyton Manning.

God knows Case Keenum wasn't going to do anything.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

I was going to say that is the most random thing ever before I remembered that the Rams moved to LA. :laugh:

Yeah, this is tough to figure out for the Rams. That's a massive package of picks for a QB that isn't exactly top-of-the-line as far as 1st overall QBs go. I guess they may not be locked in to pick a QB, but it's tough to imagine trading that much for a player that isn't a QB.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He said the complete opposite of that. Wentz didn't go to a big school so the hype isn't there // not a lot of people have seen him play.

You obviously don't know what hype is. The media is hyping him as an Andrew Luck. The NFL most likely doesn't see it that way.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What a great haul for the Titans. As far as needs go, they'll still get one of the better O-linemen in the draft at 15.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really nice trade for the Titans. Well done.

Pretty big gamble for the Rams. They better hope Goff/Wentz is the real deal.

A couple of months ago I never would have thought there would be a QB going at the top of the draft. Now it looks like QBs are going 1-2.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God damn, that's a great haul by the Titans. Obviously they feel their guy is going to be there lower down the board (or they just don't feel like anyone is worth the #1)

I really don't think any QB in this draft is worth that high a pick, though imagine QB's go 1-2 anyway.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
You obviously don't know what hype is. The media is hyping him as an Andrew Luck. The NFL most likely doesn't see it that way.

Carson will be himself. And I have no doubt he will succeed. He loves having doubters like yourself. Yes this will be his biggest stage but he has passed all the stages thus far. Time will tell.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Carson will be himself. And I have no doubt he will succeed. He loves having doubters like yourself. Yes this will be his biggest stage but he has passed all the stages thus far. Time will tell.

He may end up being as good as Luck, but he doesn't compare to Luck as a prospect. IMO the Rams gave up way too much.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
CBS Sports is saying that the big winner of this trade might be the Dallas Cowboys. With the top 2 picks likely being QBs it now looks like OT Laremy Tunsil will fall to San Diego at # 3 leaving DB Jalen Ramsey available to the Cowboys at # 4. :handclap:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Tennessee made out like bandits on this deal. Surprised Mike Ditka wasnt with the Rams giving away this package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad