Trade: Rams acquire first overall pick

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That's like the reverse RG3 trade. Do they think Wentz/Goff are worth it? That's gotta be the only position you make a trade like that in, right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly the trade Chip Kelly was trying to make last year. This year it involves the team he was trying to trade with, with the team he actually did make a trade with

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No QB at #1 is worth that package

WTH is wrong with Rams? I assume this was PR move because they want o make big splash at draft heading into return year

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
That's like the reverse RG3 trade. Do they think Wentz/Goff are worth it? That's gotta be the only position you make a trade like that in, right?

Yep. Someone really likes one of these guys. I'm guessing Wentz. Even though Goff is just up the road in Sanfran. I just don't think you move up this much to draft him. Carson Wentz is the man of the hour.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Rams should've done it last year for Winston or Mariota.

People believed in Nick Foles at that time though, so I could see why they didn't do it. They didn't want to give the RG3 trade back, at least then. This doesn't seem like a Jeff Fisher trade to make, either.

Also, whoever they're drafting isn't sitting for 2 years (Goff/Wentz).

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Honestly the amount of pressure put on whoever they draft is going to be tough. It's one thing to go number one overall. It's another thing when a team mortgages their future like this just for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad