Trade: Rams acquire first overall pick

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
This seems to make no sense. None of the QB's at the top of this draft are projected franchise QB's, right?

I wouldn't say that. This isn't Luck/RG3 but almost every draft someone is considered a franchise QB. A lot of scouts love Wentz. He didn't go to a big school so the hype is not really there for the typical football fans. I mean most people just simply haven't seen him play.

Goff is considered a potential great pocket passer. He will get drafted early. IMO he could be a really good QB in the right situation.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
where would the titans have to move up in the draft to secure Tunsil? and what would it cost them? safe to assume Tunsil isn't going 1st or 2nd overall or 4th overall. Would the chargers take him at 3?

Be quite the score if they still get the guy they wanted and acquired a couple high picks in the process.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wow. This is insane. Good for the Titans I guess.

I do not see Goff as a #1 overall type of player, much less one that you trade the farm to get.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good for the Titans. Can't wait to see how the Rams **** up this prospect. Hope he's out of the league in 3 years.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well...interesting.

Stupid, but interesting.

Neither QB is worth anything near that package. The thought of Wentz in a Rams uniform would make it even easier for me to adopt them as my NFC team, but he's not a 1st overall caliber player, especially not at that package...and I think he's better than Goff.

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
If there was an Andrew Luck type player at #1, then this would make sense for the Rams.. but I Wentz/Goff being near that caliber of a player.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Normally, I'd be upset and wonder what the **** were they thinking. But now, since they moved to LA, I hope they fail miserably, and am kind of glad they did something this stupid.

And yes, like MattyMo said, I'm still bitter.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Looking at the current NFL QB's, knowing what we know now about them, which ones would you give up what the Rams did?

Brady
Ben
Luck
Rodgers
Cam
Brees

I think it's possible a few others could join that list (Ryan, Winston, Wilson)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Looking at the current NFL QB's, knowing what we know now about them, which ones would you give up what the Rams did?

Brady
Ben
Luck
Rodgers
Cam
Brees

I would trade it for Aaron Rodgers, that's it.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There are a LOT of pissed off Titans fans around here (in Nashville, not in this thread: I haven't read it), but I'm one who thinks this was an absolutely awesome, shrewd move for the Titans.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Brady
Ben
Luck
Rodgers
Cam
Brees

Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Brees were all drafted nowhere near 1st overall; None of them were even the first QB taken in their draft.

Would you give up all that for Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, or David Carr?

Sure you sometimes do get Luck, Cam, Eli, Peyton, etc. but it's an awful lot to gamble IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad