Rally around the team?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
This is the cheapest team in Canada to watch. The value associated to each paying customer is the lowest of all the Canadian teams. You're not at a fine dining restaurant. You're at a casual diner and you're expecting Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen and Michelin-star service.

Yes, that’s what I’m doing. You’re absolutely right and I don’t know what i was thinking. Thank you for setting me straight. Seriously, for a moment I thought I was making sense and I was even pretty certain that you completely missed my point... but it’s clear that your sense is more true than mine.

Pheeew... thank you.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Give me ownership and management I have trust in and I’ll gladly pay more than the current price.

Even if tickets were $5 a piece, I wouldn’t give money to this tool.

Just remember, Bryan Murray had to stop a drunken Melnyk from entering the locker room after a game. That's the tool who owns the team.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh and one more thing and I feel like this is the simplest way to put it. The fans feel like the owner has lost his commitment to winning, and when the fan base feels there's no commitment, they aren't gonna show up. Simple as that.

We looked passed Eugenes buffonary in the past because hey, this guy is weird but he's committed to winning so well deal with it. Now we just have a buffoon at the top and now zero reason to tolerate him. Letting Karlsson go is just another example of zero commitment to win.

Packaging Ryan with Karlsson is not only showing no commitment to win but just slapping us in the god damn face at this point.

He was just following the fans lack of commitment to the team. Very deserving of each other

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You no doubt were in the papered section. Because some usher probably said something dishonest and you, being morally superior to us Neanderthals, right then and there, decided that you cannot tolerate such dishonest and meanies employed by the billionaire.

Careful, you're going to pull a muscle with all this spinning and twisting you're doing.

Reactions: Acidrain66

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Business owner: "Hmm, my business is floundering and customers aren't showing up like they used to."
Lacky: "Obviously the solution is to cut corners, make the product shoddier, and charge the same. "
Business owner: "That's the ticket!"
Customers: "Well this is bulls**t, I'm not spending a dime in here until improvements are made."
Colad...I mean lacky: "You're a bad person. You should buy his cheap crap so he can stay in business!"
Customers: "...."

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I am going to assume you guys know that when a company is struggling they reduce expenses. They shrink their workforce and sell assets.

The Sens need playoff revenue and when they didn't make it this year, it hit them hard. Yes, they had a great run in 2017 and a decision was made not to increase payroll.

I guess they felt they had a good enough team to get back there in 2018. I would've agreed with them back in October and especially when they upgraded Turris with Duchesne. For whatever reason, the season crashed and burned and now they're in a hole.

Anyway, I know you guys all know this already. And L'Aveuglette, stop insulting people.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I am going to assume you guys know that when a company is struggling they reduce expenses. They shrink their workforce and sell assets.

The Sens need playoff revenue and when they didn't make it this year, it hit them hard. Yes, they had a great run in 2017 and a decision was made not to increase payroll.

I guess they felt they had a good enough team to get back there in 2018. I would've agreed with them back in October and especially when they upgraded Turris with Duchesne. For whatever reason, the season crashed and burned and now they're in a hole.

Anyway, I know you guys all know this already. And L'Aveuglette, stop insulting people.

When you stop apologizing for a moronic owner who treats the fanbase like an ATM, I'll stop calling you out. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

So how do you bring the fans back? By telling them we’ll spend when the time is right again?

Please let me know how there can be a solution to this that leaves everyone happy. As I see it, there is no option for him other than to sell. 95% of the fanbase despises him and trading Karlsson will be the point of no return.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Meanwhile the owner is telling us that the fans have lost their financial commitment to the team. Until someone shows us the real numbers I think you can understand why some people are tired of hearing speculation getting passed off as fact.

there are a lot of people here pretty entrenched in their beliefs. I don't think detailing the finances does anything other than upping the ante that he cooks the books.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018

The revenue that goes to Melnyks pocket but not to the team..is that revenue your talking about??

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
When you stop apologizing for a moronic owner who treats the fanbase like an ATM, I'll stop calling you out. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
So dissallusional. If you were the owner of any business, you would seriously dig into your own pocket to support a fan/revenue based business because the cheap ,excuse making fans are not going. Please, be for real. Pull millions out of your pocket to support this team. You think you are entitled to the owners pockets to support this hockey team because you don't like his personality. Sure buddy. Fans do not shown up, less money in revenue means less money to pay the players and crapy product left on the ice. EM told everyone point blank back in December this and all the little cheapskates who never support the team took a hairy bird and started this ridiculous sign campaign. Keep digging in your heals. See how that's going.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The average fan is absolutely blameless in this ****show. Suggesting otherwise is more than disingenuous – it's insulting. The fish rots from the head.
Average fan is looked at as the catalyst for the demise of not having enough revenue to sign their own superstars. Insulting is the self entitled feeling of these fans that an owner has to go into his own personal savings account to support this team.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
It’s going to be great when attendance skyrockets with new ownership and the Melnyk defenders start with the excuses and bring up how it’s a honeymoon period and nothing more. I can see it now.

They'll just disappear. There was a huge crew of "Ottawa will never support a football team" people as well. Bring in competent ownership and bam, they no longer exist.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So dissallusional. If you were the owner of any business, you would seriously dig into your own pocket to support a fan/revenue based business because the cheap ,excuse making fans are not going. Please, be for real. Pull millions out of your pocket to support this team. You think you are entitled to the owners pockets to support this hockey team because you don't like his personality. Sure buddy. Fans do not shown up, less money in revenue means less money to pay the players and crapy product left on the ice. EM told everyone point blank back in December this and all the little cheapskates who never support the team took a hairy bird and started this ridiculous sign campaign. Keep digging in your heals. See how that's going.

You make it seem like the anti-Melnyk people are in the minority here. :huh:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Average fan is looked at as the catalyst for the demise of not having enough revenue to sign their own superstars. Insulting is the self entitled feeling of these fans that an owner has to go into his own personal savings account to support this team.
You said we are re-signing our superstar though.

Melnyk can’t even afford competent shills.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
No. Insulting is the self-entitled feeling of the ownership that fans have to spend their money on a sub-par product with zero signs of attempted improvement. Don't get it twisted.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Careful, you're going to pull a muscle with all this spinning and twisting you're doing.

Business owner: "Hmm, my business is floundering and customers aren't showing up like they used to."
Lacky: "Obviously the solution is to cut corners, make the product shoddier, and charge the same. "
Business owner: "That's the ticket!"
Customers: "Well this is bulls**t, I'm not spending a dime in here until improvements are made."
Colad...I mean lacky: "You're a bad person. You should buy his cheap crap so he can stay in business!"
Customers: "...."

You have obviously never run your own business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad