Rally around the team?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I feel like fans need to step up and get behind this team at this dark moment in franchise history. The woe is us mob mentality is getting ridiculous. The team is under seige. Everybody is disappointed right now, but the 1% of fans saying things like "i hope this team folds" are giving us all a bad name. Stand behind your team. Fans are fans. I'm going to shell out for a ticket package just to show a little fan support right now. Anyone else feeling the same vibe?

(And for the few of you who will come back with a predictable hot Melnyk take, are you REALLY not tired of this yet? Wouldn't you rather talk about, you know, hockey?)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I feel like fans need to step up and get behind this team at this dark moment in franchise history. The woe is us mob mentality is getting ridiculous. The team is under seige. Everybody is disappointed right now, but the 1% of fans saying things like "i hope this team folds" are giving us all a bad name. Stand behind your team. Fans are fans. I'm going to shell out for a ticket package just to show a little fan support right now. Anyone else feeling the same vibe?

(And for the few of you who will come back with a predictable hot Melnyk take, are you REALLY not tired of this yet? Wouldn't you rather talk about, you know, hockey?)
Who is saying they hope this team folds?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
IMG_20180705_225557.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Reality is that the hate for Melnyk seems to be bigger than the love for the Sens, sadly

The only hope I see is that Melnyk decides to sell before it’s too late. That would solve everything, And EK would most likely stay too, but no chance Melnyk sales that fast

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
100% supporting this thread. (I believe) This fanbase is stronger than any single player or management personel.

If anything, I suggest we come up with 2018-19 season avatars. We need to show unity as a team in spirit. Nothing to do with Karlason, Melnyk, Alfie, or whatever...

Find something that binds the fanbase. Something that shows we support our city and our team over anything, even in these trying times.

"Sens divided, fans united." or something corny like that.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
100% supporting this thread. (I believe) This fanbase is stronger than any single player or management personel.

If anything, I suggest we come up with 2018-19 season avatars. We need to show unity as a team in spirit. Nothing to do with Karlason, Melnyk, Alfie, or whatever...

Find something that binds the fanbase. Something that shows we support our city and our team over anything, even in these trying times.

I'm with you. It is a dark time but someday in the future when we have a new owner and have turned the corner and are winning again, it will be that much sweeter having lived through this.

For the fans, we just need Spartacat or someone to pull a Braveheart "You can take our livers, but you can never take, our freeeedddooommm"

Reactions: AndersonCondo

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If people want to still support the Sens and buy tickets that’s fine by me. It’s your money and you should do what you want with it, I’m not going to lambast anyone for that.

For me, nope, not spending anything and would assume people would understand that position as well. Like I said if Uncle bumble f*** decides to sell Ill be shelling out some cash for primo tickets for sure.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Meh.

If we continue to blindly support the team (like Leafs fans did for a full decade of misery), we arent going to get the changes we need to put out this tire fire.

Unlike the leafs, our fan base is small enough for our voices to be heard very loudly. Its one of the few advantages to supporting a small market team.

We already didn't sell out in some playoff games, so its not like we have a sterling reputation thats at risk of being tarnished here... The franchise is in shambles and everyone already knows it. Let it burn down and hope that a savior steps in to save the day and rebuild it from the bottom up.

I wont support an owner who's mandate is to win with a budget team just so he could say "I told ya so!!! Cost per/pt FTW suckers!!!!"

His desire to balance the books far outweighs his desire to be the owner of a championship team and a classy franchise. And so we are at philosophical odds, and it cant be reconciled at this point. The point of no return has been reached.

In my mind, one of the two of us wont be supporting the Sens come October. And thats a decision that has already been made, personally.

The day he leaves, I will be back in full moral and financial support of the team, but not a day sooner.

Melnyk needs to go, and hopefully the mass amount of fans that have just been lost will be enough to sway him in the direction of selling. I really dont know what else will.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Hell no. Melnyk desperately wants this to be a city like Toronto which fans show up regardless of the ownerships dedication to the team. Melnyk isn't getting a single cent from me.

That being said, if Karlsson re-signs, I will be back.

Reactions: Acidrain66

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Melnyk isn't selling the team. It's in his will to his daughters. I laugh (but also groan) when you guys talk about "forcing" the sale. It's not happening.

I cheer for the Sens through the good and the bad. It's just entertainment.. it's only sports. Do I wish we had a higher payroll? Of course. But part of the Sens charm is that they are underdogs. I love cheering for the underdog.

I support the Sens no matter what. Melnyk is irrelevant to me.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'll watch some games on TV and smile when they win (why not, after all, no Hughes for us!).

I'm certainly not going to shell out $200+ to trudge out to Kanata and watch an AHL team play for overtime, though.

Reactions: MiscBrah and Deku

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
There's all of this talk about the Sens being the worst team in the league next year. I am not buying it. Look what Vegas did this season. Look at the turn around in New Jersey. If we get a good return for Karlsson, a bounce back from Anderson and contributions from some of our prospects, we could be competitive next year.

I'll bet all of you saying you're done with this team will be back in force if the Sens are fighting for a playoff spot.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I don't think support is only measured in $$ spent. There are some serious issues with Melnyk's ownership no doubt. The constant negativity about all things sens related doesn't help any though.

I still strongly support the sens and am excited to see what happens over the summer and next season. We are the talk of the league currently! Easy to kick someone when they are down, harder to try to help them up.

I hope the team can rally back from what has been a dark time for the sens. Will be real sweet when the team comes together to prove that they aren't the garbage team everyone is telling us they are.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

How about calling the Senators ticket office, and pledging to buy a ST, or whatever ticket package you can afford .... IF they sign EK65 for an extension?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Melnyk isn't selling the team. It's in his will to his daughters. I laugh (but also groan) when you guys talk about "forcing" the sale. It's not happening.

I cheer for the Sens through the good and the bad. It's just entertainment.. it's only sports. Do I wish we had a higher payroll? Of course. But part of the Sens charm is that they are underdogs. I love cheering for the underdog.

I support the Sens no matter what. Melnyk is irrelevant to me.

A sports team has a very close relationship to its fan base, or at least it should have. This isn't a movie, it's a long-term emotional and financial investment into a group of very real humans.

And the Sens aren't underdogs, they're irrelevant just like the owner right now because they simply don't have the necessary financial backing to be competitive in the NHL. Supporting the team no matter what encourages mediocrity. If you have no problem with this, more power to you, but don't assume other fans should do the same.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Let people vent.

Do you honestly think folks talking about never watching hockey again, or punching Eugene in the face, and all that stuff are really serious?

This is a message board, not a contract with the devil.

Reactions: thinkwild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad