Raleigh and the Triangle - A Visitor's and Local's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If Raleigh and Durham were not the same city, then why is the airport named Raleigh-Durham International Airport, hmmmm?

Makes u think, doesn't it?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If Raleigh and Durham were not the same city, then why is the airport named Raleigh-Durham International Airport, hmmmm?

Makes u think, doesn't it?
The distant sound you hear is heads exploding in the twin cities of Dallas-Fort and Worth-Arlington.

(Like, figuratively. This is not an online threat or anything.)

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
Hello all!

Me and my friend (2 finns) are doing a roadtrip and we're coming to Raleigh next and planning to go see couple of NHL games (vs. Edm and Dal).

What is the best way to get the tickets? (I have used stubhub before)

How's the parking and is there anything else to do near arena?

And for last what else you guys/gals would recomend to do in Raleigh area? (food, museums, etc...)

Thx in advance!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hello all!

Me and my friend (2 finns) are doing a roadtrip and we're coming to Raleigh next and planning to go see couple of NHL games (vs. Edm and Dal).

What is the best way to get the tickets? (I have used stubhub before)

StubHub, Ticketmaster (resale), and Vivid Seats are all good options I've used. I seem to have the best success with Vivid Seats, but not always.

How's the parking and is there anything else to do near arena?
You can park for free on the corner of Trinity and YouthCenter road. It's about a 5-10 min. walk to the arena from there. There are other places that have free parking nearby as well. If you want to park in the "official" parking lot, it's $20 and there is plenty of parking available.

And for last what else you guys/gals would recomend to do in Raleigh area? (food, museums, etc...)

Thx in advance!

Go to post #1 in this thread. There is a bunch of good information there.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Moved here over the summer (love it here) from STL. Coming to our first Canes game (vs Blues Fri 3/1). Read on the first page about tailgating. Is that still a thing?

It’s died down a bit since all these years of terrible hockey. But we still get a handful of tailgaters, especially if the weather is nice on a weekend game. The way the team is playing and the fans are coming back to games, tailgating should be picking back up.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It’s died down a bit since all these years of terrible hockey. But we still get a handful of tailgaters, especially if the weather is nice on a weekend game. The way the team is playing and the fans are coming back to games, tailgating should be picking back up.

Yup, I always see tailgaters out when the weather's nice (and even when it's not so nice - saw a couple tents out on Saturday). More to the point for @RaleighBlues, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from bringing tailgating supplies with you if you'd like.

Parking Guide | PNC Arena

Tailgating.
Tailgating is permitted in one parking space only. Please dispose of charcoal properly, and do not leave an open fire unattended. Please think of your fellow guests while tailgating, be safe, and dispose of all trash, bottles and cans. Broken glass may cause harm to others walking on PNC Arena property. Click here to view proper tailgating set-up.

That said I've seen plenty of people take up more than one space and the parking attendants not do anything.

Also to note, if you're in need of supplies to tailgate the day of, there's a Harris-Teeter in the Olde Raleigh Shopping Center at Edwards Mill & Duraleigh, a Whole Foods at Wade & Faircloth, an ABC Store in Mission Valley (Western & Avent Ferry). Oh and a pretty good bottle shop on Lake Boone Trail near Rex Hospital (Bottle Revolution).

Last edited:

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Alright... if these guys can keep this up and actually make the playoffs I’m going to head out that way for game 1 and 2...since I’m a west coast BC boy I know nothing about Raleigh except that your a proud bunch of jerks.... what hotel do I want to book (obv no car so close to something that helps me get around), what seats am I chasing... where do I go to get playoff drunk... not too concerned about price so a little closer to the nice side than the skid side... thanks for your help

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Ramada on Blue Ridge and Sheraton on Trinity (right across the street and next to the Backyard Bistro) are you "walking distance" hotels.

Reactions: hurricure
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad