Raleigh and the Triangle - A Visitor's and Local's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Looking at UNC's baseball schedule it looks like they are playing ND in March (6th-8th), not January. You had me thinking for a second, because I was certain the college baseball season doesn't normally start until February.

Now, if the games were on the same day, it would be plausible to go to both. Since, in this scenario the games would be on a Wednesday, the only thing that would need to be taken into consideration would be the "rush hour" traffic on I-40 coming from Chapel Hill to Raleigh.

The big question is are you attending the Canes game on Jan 7th? ;)

Indeed. My little lady is a Flyers fan so I'll just be taking in everything since my team won't playing that game. This whole trip was a Christmas present for her. She likes Notre Dame, Philly and traveling so this is gonna be our fun little getaway together.

Good call btw, my shortsightness would have set me back a good 160 with no game in sight. That would of been embarrassing.

I figure between the games, exploring over at Falls Lake/Umstead State Park, going to the Science Museum and shopping over at Crabtree Mall that's a nice little way of spending my time and getting a good feel for the city. Maybe hit up the Improv or the boxcar arcade if there is any other time.

If there are any other true "must see" attractions that I missed lemme know. I know for sure Roast Grill and Clyde Cooper's will be on the itinerary as far as food goes. Luckily that whole first page of this thread has been a huge help for me getting some ideas at least.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Hey Canes fans...

Oilers fan in peace. Had the great privilege of visiting your State a couple of years ago, and after a long wait, I finally got to move down to NC for a new job in late 2019.

Looking at attending the Feb. 16 game vs. Edmonton (if I feel like the Oil have improved from that 6-3 debacle, that is... :help: ) and thinking of taking some time to enjoy Raleigh while I'm there.

Any must-see restaurants, attractions, or other venues that I should visit while I'm by the arena?

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
@JordanGalhanth

The Pit
is a must for visitors to dine at.

The Pit | Authentic Barbecue Restaurant in Raleigh, NC

If you're like Dougie Hamilton and you like museums there's plenty of them, most in Downtown Raleigh, Durham has a few as well. NC Museum of Art is really close to PNC Arena

NCMA

Oh and there's this must see attraction :sarcasm:

Light-Plus-Time-Tower-Raleigh-NC-20081012.jpeg

This one too :laugh:

e9fc0403-b47b-4129-980e-1fe035479546.jpg

Yes, that is a cell phone tower made to look like a pine tree, can be seen off I-40 in Cary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The Museum of Art is really cool. There’s really something for everybody. Especially if you’re into Italians painting weirdly proportioned baby Jesuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad