Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Surge....

2p9ne2.jpg

I meant surge pricing on Uber and whatever it's called on Lyft. It's usually timed to the end of major events.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I meant surge pricing on Uber and whatever it's called on Lyft. It's usually timed to the end of major events.
Yes, so I gathered. But I couldn't help pointing out this humor thing over us warning the visitors beforehand of this Surge thing right after the game, like it'd be a done deal, esp. against the Preds.

#bewarethesurge

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Hey folks,

Dropping back in, we are visiting the Raleigh area in early January and are looking to attend the CBJ/Canes game on the 4th. Curious about what to expect, it's been a solid 15 years since I've been to an NHL game.

How early do you recommend showing up?

Thoughts on seats? I currently have section 109, row XX - does it start with row AA?

Any tips/things we should check out in/around the arena? Or even the area for that matter - we are going to be scoping out neighborhoods to see where we may want to live.

Any realtors you recommend? (Maybe a better PM).

Thanks in advance, I have heard nothing but positive things about your area and you as fans!

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey folks,

Dropping back in, we are visiting the Raleigh area in early January and are looking to attend the CBJ/Canes game on the 4th. Curious about what to expect, it's been a solid 15 years since I've been to an NHL game.

How early do you recommend showing up?

Thoughts on seats? I currently have section 109, row XX - does it start with row AA?

Any tips/things we should check out in/around the arena? Or even the area for that matter - we are going to be scoping out neighborhoods to see where we may want to live.

Any realtors you recommend? (Maybe a better PM).

Thanks in advance, I have heard nothing but positive things about your area and you as fans!

Hey depends if you’d like to go and watch practice or not. 7pm game, practice starts usually around 6:20pm. From parking to entering the doors give yourself 10-15 minutes. After practice is usually when I grab food and then head to my seat.

Lower bowl starts single letters and goes to double letters as you go higher. So right now you’re sitting near the top of the lower bowl with row XX. Which honestly isn’t a bad seat still.

There’s not a ton of unique things at the arena or in the general vicinity of the arena. But a few miles away you can check out downtown Raleigh, which has some great food, and somethings to check out. The recently opened Morgan Street Food Hall in downtown is a really cool place to checkout and get food at.

We welcome you to Raleigh!

And I’ll also shoot you a PM with a realtor recommendation!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Things to do/check out...

You like live music? While the Triangle isn't Nashville or Austin there's a pretty good scene of live music in the area. DT Raleigh and Durham have some excellent hole-in-the-wall type venues for whatever tickles your fancy.

Beer? Lots of breweries. Raleigh Beer Garden is a well known hit.

Museums? We got those too and you might see Dougie Hamilton at one.

Maybe check out a college basketball game. Early Janurary is when conference play gets going and there's always games on Saturday afternoons.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Hey depends if you’d like to go and watch practice or not. 7pm game, practice starts usually around 6:20pm. From parking to entering the doors give yourself 10-15 minutes. After practice is usually when I grab food and then head to my seat.

Lower bowl starts single letters and goes to double letters as you go higher. So right now you’re sitting near the top of the lower bowl with row XX. Which honestly isn’t a bad seat still.

There’s not a ton of unique things at the arena or in the general vicinity of the arena. But a few miles away you can check out downtown Raleigh, which has some great food, and somethings to check out. The recently opened Morgan Street Food Hall in downtown is a really cool place to checkout and get food at.

We welcome you to Raleigh!

And I’ll also shoot you a PM with a realtor recommendation!

Thank you for the thoughtful response!

I'm a former amateur scout so definitely not new to the sport, more curious to how long it takes to get through security and whatnot.

How are the food options in/around the arena? We land around 4:30 so by the time we get our car we'll probably head in that direction.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Around the immediate arena vincinity your options are going to be Backyard Bistro (think burgers and beer) and Wendys. So nothing special but Backyard Bistro isn't bad.

There's a shopping center north of the Arena on Edwards Mill Road called Olde Raleigh Village that has a few spots that I've seen fans at before games. Rudinos and Edwards Mill Bar and Grill being the most popular. There's also the popular (among Raleighites) Char-Grill there and Qdobas Mexican Grill. There's also Bella Monica which is an upscale Italian eatery. It's about a mile from the arena and traffic getting there usually isn't a problem.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I just wish we had a first-class team. That would be swell.

Takes time and proper management. Grew up in Columbus and have watched the CBJ since before their inaugural season... years of Doug MacLean made us a laughing stock. Then years of impatience forced Scott Howson's hand and led to his firing. Finally a decent front office and we're almost there.

I see a bright future for the Canes. If nothing else, at least it's fresh and exciting for you guys again. I'm a huge Bill Peters fan (even got to know him a little when he coached here) - but it's obvious that it wasn't working there.

Be patient, there are some good pieces there now.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Family went there twice, first week and before Thanksgiving. First time was decent, second time was not good.

Restaurants in general are tricky. However, bad food and service will always shut down doors in a heartbeat.

Edit: Welp, this didn't help

Last edited:

Volpred

Jan 16, 2018
Hey guys, first time coming to Raleigh. Im looking at the Embassy Suites in the triangle, Four Points which is apparently beside the arena, and Renaissance. Although I dont care about it, i thought it might be cool if we stayed where the Preds stay for my son. Which do you think they are the most likely to stay in? Thanks in advance and good luck the rest of the season!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey guys, first time coming to Raleigh. Im looking at the Embassy Suites in the triangle, Four Points which is apparently beside the arena, and Renaissance. Although I dont care about it, i thought it might be cool if we stayed where the Preds stay for my son. Which do you think they are the most likely to stay in? Thanks in advance and good luck the rest of the season!

I could be wrong. But I believe a lot teams have been staying at the Renaissance. You’ll also enjoy staying over in that North Hills area, from the Renaissance you can walk to a lot of restaurants and shops.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

I could be wrong. But I believe a lot teams have been staying at the Renaissance. You’ll also enjoy staying over in that North Hills area, from the Renaissance you can walk to a lot of restaurants and shops.

The Renaissance is the hotel used by all the away teams, to my knowledge. It's about 15-20 minutes (in normal traffic) from PNC Arena. As @CandyCanes mentions, North Hills is a pretty well developed area with a lot of restaurants to choose from (including a pretty decent Italian place in the hotel itself). Four Points is in walking distance of the arena, so there's that, but I think if the Renaissance is in your budget you should go for that option. I'll have to admit it was cool being there for a firm lunch one day and seeing Mathieu Perreault and Joel Ward walking across the lobby.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
We dropped in for the January 4th game against Columbus. Great arena, great staff, awesome fans. Very welcoming, thanks Canes fans.

Side note: beautiful city and we are considering moving down there. A real hidden gem, we had a blast exploring and meeting people. Look forward to potentially enjoying some more games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad