OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Seven Springs Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
You got politics in my baseball!!!

ETA- Manfred sounds like he's trying to shift the blame to the MLBPA and players, and it's just f***ing hilarious. I never thought I'd see a commissioner do more harm to a league than Gary did/is doing to the NHL, but Manfred is shatter all kinds of milestones in my book.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, it seems like it's pivot to blame the players time. There are already people claiming that unnamed MLB people are upset at the Marlins for not taking things seriously.

Tucker back in RF tonight. I think he should be playing middle infield at some point here, but I guess I also don't really care and am glad he's getting some ABs. I'm not necessarily anti-Osuna so much as I am pro- wanting Tucker to get semi-regular ABs and not bothered too much about anything else because it's all relatively interchangeable (and Tucker could not work out at all, or work out only to be a 1.5-2 WAR type).

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Only realized it's Darvish tonight. This is going to be an exact repeat of Wednesday, with the Cubs maybe scoring more runs than the Brewers did.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I can't wait until the season gets canceled and then they have a draft lottery with all teams having a chance at #1 overall.

Won't be shocked in the least when LA, NY, or Boston ends up with Rocker.

Do people think the MLB season is actually going to finish?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I was making dinner but I'm pretty sure I heard an f bomb when Contreras was batting.

Williams' stuff does seem sharper and better located this year. I'm relieved that Moran got a hit so that Darvish doesn't no hit us.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It's definitely somewhat annoying to watch this putrid offense and the exact same game that happened on Wednesday, but I guess on the other hand we could be the Reds and have been annointed the best team in the division by numerous pundits and be unable to beat the Tigers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know how they thought this could work without a bubble system.

The NFL will do an even worse job, imo.

You don't need a full blown bubble to make sports work, you just need way more restrictions than what the MLB currently has.

You have to have some sort of limits on what players can do off the field and require players to wear masks and social distance during play. The MLB has neither of those.

I'm just irritated that baseball is going to go down the drains because the players voted against the bubble but also aren't willing to do things like wear masks. The players and owners got in a dick measuring contest over money instead of figuring out how to play the sport safely.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i am sure that only 2 teams didn’t follow the rules. willing to bet you give it another week and more stories materialize.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Don't love the approach so far from Keller. Steady diet of fastballs, looks a bit like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad