OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Down The Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
From everything I've seen he would meet these young girls then find them on social media eventually get their numbers and then use the social media and texts/phone calls to set up private meet ups.

With that said it doesnt seem like anyone in the clubhouse would be any the wiser on what this piece of **** was doing.

Espeacially with how emotional some of the players reactions were.

So I'm guessing he kept his disgusting actions closely guarded.

Yeah anyone placing any kind of blame on the organization for this just wants to be mad at the Pirates for every single thing. There is nothing that has come out that shows the Pirates could have possibly known how much of a garbage human they actually had in their room

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
If anyone inside the organization had knowledge they should be brought up on charges as well. I'm sure that will be part of the investigation.

If it comes out that anyone in the front office knew about this and kept it covered up then that person should also be in jail, and I would be hard pressed to believe that any of the big three (Coonelly, Nutting, Huntington) didnt know about it in some form which they should also be nailed to the wall.

That would also be a burn it all down and force Nutting to sell situation.

But again I dont think that is the case...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Come on. If they knew then they would have traded him lol. The one time NH holds out for something better and this happens to him.

Already have top prospects. Getting 6th/8th pick next draft to add even more. Of course its NH luck he couldn't get an Archer type return when we saw that for years . Chapman for Eloy Jimenez +. Quintana for Gleyber Torres + they are equivalent of us getting Lux. And Dodgers desperately needed help...yet still held out. Only to NH lol . worst luck ever.

He def would have setttled for Ruiz and Jasiah Gray +. Which now looks great.

But like i said. No Taillon and no Vaz. Nutting has to make up for it by doing something he normally wouldn't. Sign Grandal. Sign a SP or two that are #2 types..coming off years where we can get them on a 1 year prove it type deal. Ryu from Dodgers has been bad for past month and value going down. A Tannner Rourk type. Michael Wacha lol.

But mainly that top catcher who can help our staff. Id give up completely if our farm doesnt keep moving up . it's now 9th from 19th and that is wirh Tucker, Newman, Reynolds graduating. Losing ouut on what we gave up for Archer. But made up for it with Reynolds/Cruz and our drafting. Have to make sure we go top heavy this next draft. Can land a pitcher like Glasnow(Mick Abel) and with next pick an OF like Reynolds or better. Or even go Catcher. Drew Romo comps to Molina. Or just double down on pitching. There's plenty .

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Come on. If they knew then they would have traded him lol. The one time NH holds out for something better and this happens to him.

Already have top prospects. Getting 6th/8th pick next draft to add even more. Of course its NH luck he couldn't get an Archer type return when we saw that for years . Chapman for Eloy Jimenez +. Quintana for Gleyber Torres + they are equivalent of us getting Lux. And Dodgers desperately needed help...yet still held out. Only to NH lol . worst luck ever.

He def would have setttled for Ruiz and Jasiah Gray +. Which now looks great.

But like i said. No Taillon and no Vaz. Nutting has to make up for it by doing something he normally wouldn't. Sign Grandal. Sign a SP or two that are #2 types..coming off years where we can get them on a 1 year prove it type deal. Ryu from Dodgers has been bad for past month and value going down. A Tannner Rourk type. Michael Wacha lol.

But mainly that top catcher who can help our staff. Id give up completely if our farm doesnt keep moving up . it's now 9th from 19th and that is wirh Tucker, Newman, Reynolds graduating. Losing ouut on what we gave up for Archer. But made up for it with Reynolds/Cruz and our drafting. Have to make sure we go top heavy this next draft. Can land a pitcher like Glasnow(Mick Abel) and with next pick an OF like Reynolds or better. Or even go Catcher. Drew Romo comps to Molina. Or just double down on pitching. There's plenty .

Interesting............. I'm betting NH makes up for it by cutting payroll further.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Vazquez going to jail basically ****s any options of a rebuild that the Pirates can do. Sure, they can sell off a bunch of assets, but not being able to get the massive return they would have gotten for Vasquez puts a massive hamper on their ability to actually rebuild. They're at the point where they have to legitimately tank and hope they get lucky.

You're not going to get the return you need to be a contender by just trading Marte.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Vazquez going to jail basically ****s any options of a rebuild that the Pirates can do. Sure, they can sell off a bunch of assets, but not being able to get the massive return they would have gotten for Vasquez puts a massive hamper on their ability to actually rebuild. They're at the point where they have to legitimately tank and hope they get lucky.

You're not going to get the return you need to be a contender by just trading Marte.

No now they need to spend actual cash. Signing guys to 1-2 year deals. A Grandal type Catcher. A MadBum/Bauer type pitcher. Then you sell them at deadline if needed.

But lets see If they are smart enough. All it requires is loaning money for a few months lol. Adding 2-3 top tier FAs will make up for Vaz. When something bad happens...you have to do something you normally. Wouldnt to even it out and possibly better off.

I doubt they think this way tho

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
No now they need to spend actual cash. Signing guys to 1-2 year deals. A Grandal type Catcher. A MadBum/Bauer type pitcher. Then you sell them at deadline if needed.

But lets see If they are smart enough. All it requires is loaning money for a few months lol. Adding 2-3 top tier FAs will make up for Vaz. When something bad happens...you have to do something you normally. Wouldnt to even it out and possibly better off.

I doubt they think this way tho

With everything that has happened since we made the wildcard that first yr.

I already know they arent smart enough.

The real question is will they be desperate enough? The majority of the fanbase even some die hards have given up on ownership and attendance has already dwindled to next to nothing, because of our play. But now this bullcrap...

Do they finally shell out some money to try and bring the fans back and make them forget about this yr? I hope, but I seriously doubt it.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
This is going to add to Nutting and Huntingtons excuse as to how they cant make any trade moves to improve and theyll just blame fans again for low attendance for not spending money in UFA.

Then we will pray we dont miss on the draft because of our piss poor scouting.

Ugh. It's so hard being a fan of this franchise.

But one day maybe...

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
Does have great stuff but control is rated 30 right now.

Was lit up for 6 runs in 1 inning last night. Oneil Cruz getting the first

Despite that, his FIP would be the envy of the Pirate starters. He is young so he can improve, but it is a hell of a 3rd piece for not a top flight starter. At this point, 2/3 pieces of that trade have outproduced Archer a little after a year after the trade with a potential for a third. Ugh.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Does have great stuff but control is rated 30 right now.

Was lit up for 6 runs in 1 inning last night. Oneil Cruz getting the first

Dunno where you're getting the 30 control at. Most outlets have him at 40/45 current and projected about 50 once he matures. This year he's just under double his IP, so fatigue could be playing a factor in the AFL.

I can't find a single report that mentions his lack of control and most praise his advanced control of his secondary stuff, as well as the command of his slider. 30 control is Caminaro type wild, Baz is far, far from that.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It's beyond obvious that trade was to reduce our long term chances of competing. Straight from the top. Zero doubt in my mind. It's one of the worst trades in the history of baseball.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think its time to burn it down. Trade anyone over 27 for prospects in A+ through AAA and build a core.

That's just the issue, who in the organization actually has value? It's like Marte and Bell, and they're probably not trading Bell. Vasquez being a child diddler really hurt the Pirates ability to properly retool going forward, he was their best trade chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad