OT: Raiders news, notes

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
No way they would have not won a game as SOS the Jags had it all the way.

making the PO only gets more difficult.

KC and LAC are tough divisional opponents. Buffalo, Tenn, Indy has a good roster but lack a qb, Cleveland and Baltimore. Pitt so long as Ben is around. Miami if Tua can push the ball more than he has shown.
But PO have to be the goal and expectation for next season.

This is a qb heavy draft that could be the best ever. After Lawrence there's Fields, Wilson, and Lance in the top 10 and Jones could also be drafted in the first half of the first round. Raiders didn't have to tank hard. They just needed to tank a little bit. They can always trade but I'm sure any team with qb needs would happily move up to a top 7 slot. Bills and KC got their star qb in this range and it can certainly happen again with this group. They all won't likely become stars, but 3 of them could end up being playoff caliber qbs. I could see two qbs having better careers than TreyLaw. It could be like the nba draft of a couple years ago where there's so many stars from that class and their rookie cards are trading for insane prices. Football cards could be the move this year.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
There's one like a mile away on Trop and Polaris and unless this is the same one I heard about previously there is another one being built right around the stadium somewhere. They need to get it inside the stadium so they can start charging $8 for a $4 burger.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I do think that helps with the NBA expansion process to have a NBA team.

If Foley, Maloofs join in, might be for the best. $2.5B ain't chump change

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Raiderssssss. What's up my fellow Raiders fans. I know its just rumors but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on us possibly trading for Deshaun Watson? Don't get me wrong I love Derek Carr but maybe he just isn't our guy that gives us the best chance to win. How would you feel about Watson suiting up for the silver and black?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Raiderssssss. What's up my fellow Raiders fans. I know its just rumors but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on us possibly trading for Deshaun Watson? Don't get me wrong I love Derek Carr but maybe he just isn't our guy that gives us the best chance to win. How would you feel about Watson suiting up for the silver and black?

Sure it’s an upgrade but the team isn’t going to win anything unless it fixes that defense. I think Carr can win plenty of games if his team could stop anybody.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Exactly. Anyone that thinks Carr is the reason the Raiders are where they are is out to lunch. He's no Mahomes or Rodgers but not many are. A Watson or Wilson trade would cripple the team. Just saw they are about to extend Carr which would free up like 15 or 18 million in cap space. Every penny of cap space should be spent trying to imp;rove the dumpster fire of a defense.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
So I wanted to ask you this.

Are you thrilled that the Raiders built a dome, or would you rather have preferred an outdoor stadium to give the Raiders a heat-related home field advantage by wearing white jerseys in most home games?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So I wanted to ask you this.

Are you thrilled that the Raiders built a dome, or would you rather have preferred an outdoor stadium to give the Raiders a heat-related home field advantage by wearing white jerseys in most home games?
Dome.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
August, September and part of October, would be very uncomfortable in outdoor venue for a crowd of 60k+

November -February could be iffy (should we have an El Niño year, and/or the wind is whipping through the valley and the wind chill is impactful).

Indoor is the way to go. (Especially for a summer concert like Garth promises.)

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
So looks like the indoor stadium is preferred here.

Here's something else I wanted to say.

During the Raiders' stay in LA, the team's popularity influenced the NHL's Kings to adopt silver and black as their team colors.

I think that if the NBA and MLB come to Vegas, these teams should incorporate silver and black into their color schemes. Ideally I want the MLB team to be called the Martians, so green would need to be a color for that team as well.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So looks like the indoor stadium is preferred here.

Here's something else I wanted to say.

During the Raiders' stay in LA, the team's popularity influenced the NHL's Kings to adopt silver and black as their team colors.

I think that if the NBA and MLB come to Vegas, these teams should incorporate silver and black into their color schemes. Ideally I want the MLB team to be called the Martians, so green would need to be a color for that team as well.

Why not grey, red and gold? The Golden Knights are our team.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
From the article:

Whatever package the Raiders can put together, it would have to be future draft picks and players from their current roster, And it would have to be incredibly compelling given how the Packers reportedly rejected an offer for Rodgers from the 49ers that started with the third overall pick in the draft with other players and draft assets.

That pretty much means no deal. The team desperately needs to improve at several other positions, especially on defense. Can’t afford to give up assets to not even improve one of those areas.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@Vegas07 Unless Rogers forces the move, I think it unlikely Raiders do the deal. Definitely need a lot of pieces, but may depend more on draft and free agency to fill holes?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
@Vegas07 Unless Rogers forces the move, I think it unlikely Raiders do the deal. Definitely need a lot of pieces, but may depend more on draft and free agency to fill holes?

With reports he is willing to retire I think he's forcing the move. Carr and three firsts would be well worth it. Rodgers and that offense would make the Raiders a prime destination to build a better defense through free agency.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
With reports he is willing to retire I think he's forcing the move. Carr and three firsts would be well worth it. Rodgers and that offense would make the Raiders a prime destination to build a better defense through free agency.
He wants to host Jeopardy full time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad