OT: Raiders news, notes

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
The RJ reported that 60% of PSL sales came from Nevada residents, so there's that. How many of those 60% will actually attend the games can only be speculated.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
He is only thrilled if the people on this forum don't care so I won't ruin his day and will keep it to myself that as a life long Raiders fan we just got tickets the other day for the MNF opener. Somehow made it 40 years without ever going to an NFL or NCAA football game before.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Raider win totals by year since 2003: 4, 5, 4, 2, 4, 5, 5, 8, 8, 4, 4, 3, 7, 12, 6, 4, 7.

Can’t do much worse than that at least.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
@willy702 tickets are sold out for the season. So some folks do want tix, are interested.

You are the only one posting regularly in a HOCKEY forum full of VGK supporters. That's what I meant. It's the NFL of course they will get attention from some, just don't want it to detract from the success VGK has established in this market.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You are the only one posting regularly in a HOCKEY forum full of VGK supporters. That's what I meant. It's the NFL of course they will get attention from some, just don't want it to detract from the success VGK has established in this market.

She's also pretty much the only one posting hockey on this hockey forum right now. It seems an odd time to mention no one caring when the VGK forum is dead right now.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I would say the Raiders' most significant cross-conference rivals after the move to Vegas are the Arizona Cardinals.

Think about it. Both teams represent large desert cities. And they are pretty close to one another. If it weren't for television contracts and traditional rivalries the NFL could do away with the AFC/NFC setup and divide its teams on a pure geographic basis. That means Cardinals-Raiders could be a division rivalry potentially.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Hard pass on that- the Chargers have been and always will be their biggest rival. They are actually closer geographically, plus there are many, many Raider fans in LA so those games at Sofi will be another Raider home game.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
That's what I was wondering. For the convention center it wold only seem practical if there were a constant procession of cars running so that there is little wait time. Maybe every minute. For big conventions it will move over 100,000 attendees a day.
For the football games, it's 4.5 minutes to the stadium nonstop. But there will be stops, so....How is this practical again?

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Not if the Superbowl is here.
Edt- is the Probowl beore or after the the Superbowl? And why can't they be held in the same city?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nominally the week before SuperBowl.

A city like Las Vegas can have two big back-to-back (or even simultaneous) events.

But NFL nominally spreads things around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad