OT: Raiders news, notes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Like the move up to get the Safety from TCU. Got a pass rushing LB. Not sure what they plan on doing with the Safety from VA Tech. Seems like that new hybrid LB/Safety. Has the height at 6'3 and speed at 4.44 to cover TE.

Think in Round 5, they need to get another OL and a WR with some size for the red zone.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
@Vegas07 Unless Rogers forces the move, I think it unlikely Raiders do the deal. Definitely need a lot of pieces, but may depend more on draft and free agency to fill holes?

Thing is the Raiders have already drafted and signed free agents in attempts to fill the holes. Too many of those moves just simply didn’t work out. I thought the defense would look much better after the moves we saw a year ago.

On the other hand, the latest draft picks look interesting.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
For the record it isn't my money. I'm a life long Raiders fan whose never been to an NFL game so I'd be willing to pay a premium to go to the first game but I'd be in the nosebleeds if I had to pay at these prices.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Right off the hop the Raiders are playing against at least 2/3 teams that they will have to battle for a WC spot with. Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, so they need to have a good start. Heavy running team to kick off the season, so the DL will have to be in shape and ready to handle smash mouth football to start the season. Means, that the OLine will have to mesh quickly to match the running attack of the Ravens to give the D a rest between series.

Week 8 bye is solid. 7 games down, 10 more to go.

Get the Thanksgiving Day game vs Dallas this year.

Cold weather games limited to 2 in KC and Clev in mid December.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Raider ticket prices are absolute insanity. A family member sold a pair to the Broncos game with a face value of $180 (more than double what he paid for similar season tix he had in Oakland) for just over $1000 each. Meanwhile I bought a just slightly less attractive seat to see the Broncos the week after in LA (new stadium too) for a whopping $94. I know visitors want to go and do the Vegas trip with a sporting event, but seriously if you can save lets say $800 per seat you could fly out to Vegas and LA with the money you saved, pay for a few nights in both, and still probably come out money ahead.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I recently got invited to do the stadium tour. I think the architects did a great job with regards to seating placement. No matter where your tickets are on the sideline or the end zone and how low or if you're in the nose bleeds, the angles are great. The stadium's signature feature is also one of its worst. The Al Davis memorial torch that is over 90 something feet tall sits right in the middle of the upper end zone concourse and behind it is a sliding door that opens up to a great view of the strip that will overused for selfies.

But with a capacity of 65k and after seeing multiple other limited club sections that are even more limited than the suites, it makes you think could they fit 10k, 15k people in this upper expansive section that will be home to many people ignoring the game and standing in line to take a picture to flex on the gram. There's also a small section on the edge in front of this section that tour guests will have their picture taken and you scan a qr code and get your pic with the flaming torch and strip in the background. If you're into taking cool pics then the tour is worth it just for this reason. On gameday it's going to make the womens bathroom line laughable in comparison. The parking lot situation SUCKS! I pity any fans that plan on tailgating. Maybe if they didn't have the grass on a tray feature that the Arizona Cardinals have for their stadium, that would have opened up a decent amount more of parking spaces.

I'm glad I'm not a Raiders fan. If I was I would love to go to the games, but this building was made to cater to celebs like the Kardashians and guys like Dan Blizerian and that purse carrying punk Vegas Dave that are guaranteed to be buyers of these various extremely limited club sections. You know they will be wearing diamond encrusted Raiders jerseys of some old school player. This stadium caters to those who only care about being seen and getting lots of likes flexing on the gram and the local plebs that are watching the game sit in the nose bleed section, but at least the seats have a great view.

If my best friend's son gets accepted to the Air Force Academy, I'll go watch him play UNLV. These Raiders tickets are going to be real expensive for a few years. It'll be cheaper for me to fly to Tampa and watch the bucs play a home game than stay home in Vegas and watch a raiders game

Last edited:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The Raider ticket prices are absolute insanity. A family member sold a pair to the Broncos game with a face value of $180 (more than double what he paid for similar season tix he had in Oakland) for just over $1000 each. Meanwhile I bought a just slightly less attractive seat to see the Broncos the week after in LA (new stadium too) for a whopping $94. I know visitors want to go and do the Vegas trip with a sporting event, but seriously if you can save lets say $800 per seat you could fly out to Vegas and LA with the money you saved, pay for a few nights in both, and still probably come out money ahead.
Let e guess. Chargers right?

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Derek Carr wants to play for the Raiders for life

Paywall. Carr wants to be a Raider for life. Probably would retire rather than play for another organization.

Then he should retire and the Raiders should be looking for a qb that can bring them a title which is why they should have tanked and they didn't have to tank that hard either. This was a rare season that it was possible to get an elite talent at qb as late as pick 17. I think the raiders are thinking they will get one through a trade. They should also fire Gruden. I thank him for the one super bowl title he gave the bucs but after that he drove the team into the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->