Raffi Torres Update

Los Tiburones

Jun 11, 2002
Visit site
Yep, and then there was some thought last year that he could try to play without the ligament at all by strengthening the knee otherwise. Obviously, that failed, and now they've re-done the surgery, and its apparently ok. Next step is whether Torres can become a useful hockey player again after being hurt and out of hockey for so long.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Right so it's not that they were trying to avoid major surgery at all costs, he had the major surgery straight off and it failed. THAT is what caused all the problems. the idea of playing without it (after a surgery to remove it, IIRC) was to salvage a season but once that failed, they did the surgery again. i don't think avoiding the surgery per se was ever the point.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
He had the surgery. It got infected. They removed it. He tried to strengthen it enough to play with a brace. That failed. He had another surgery. Now we wait and see.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
He had the surgery. It got infected. They removed it. He tried to strengthen it enough to play with a brace. That failed. He had another surgery. Now we wait and see.

The only good news out of all of this is that if he had any other nagging injuries, hopefully they've healed.

And if Torres hadn't been injured, maybe we don't choke to LA and then we wouldn't have gotten to witness the biggest GMing dumpster fire of a year in the history of the Sharks. Because that was fun. Yes.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The only good news out of all of this is that if he had any other nagging injuries, hopefully they've healed.

And if Torres hadn't been injured, maybe we don't choke to LA and then we wouldn't have gotten to witness the biggest GMing dumpster fire of a year in the history of the Sharks. Because that was fun. Yes.

Other good news, no previous offender status on suspensions I think.

Siege

Jul 8, 2014
California
IIRC the original surgery was only a repair, not a reconstruction. Completely different surgeries. Only thing in common is the location. Again, bunch of you guys are calling apples and oranges the same thing because they're fruits. Everyone's in a rush to compare to other athletes with ZERO knowledge of ACL surgeries and protocols.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
IIRC the original surgery was only a repair, not a reconstruction. Completely different surgeries. Only thing in common is the location. Again, bunch of you guys are calling apples and oranges the same thing because they're fruits. Everyone's in a rush to compare to other athletes with ZERO knowledge of ACL surgeries and protocols.

The original surgery was a cadaveric allograft, which indicates a reconstruction, no?

Siege

Jul 8, 2014
California
The original surgery was a cadaveric allograft, which indicates a reconstruction, no?

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure, but that explains the infection as it's less common with an autograft. So he's two cadaver ACLs in or is my timeline completely off? That's a hell of a lot of potential for infection/arthofibrosis then. Out of curiosity and popular comparison's sake, do you know what it was Gore had done specifically on each knee?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure, but that explains the infection as it's less common with an autograft. So he's two cadaver ACLs in or is my timeline completely off? That's a hell of a lot of potential for infection/arthofibrosis then. Out of curiosity and popular comparison's sake, do you know what it was Gore had done specifically on each knee?

I think he has had 2 cadaver acls. The original one, which got infected, then was removed. Tried to rehab without it so he could play last season, never got strong enough, so did the 2nd cadaver acl in february.

dont know about gore, been several years since i drafted him ;)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So, what's the word so far? Is he on par to be ready to go come training camp? No? Don't know?

Would be a great depth addition this year if healthy. Would also allow guys to season in the a without being rushed.

thasanjoseshawksdood*

Man raffi would make this team INCREDIBLY DEEP, a healthy raffi I mean. Seriously he brings the flavor to our consistency.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This team will never be popular nationally as long as our own "media" could not care less about covering them.

Pollak was the only one with any credibility.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
This team will never be popular nationally as long as our own "media" could not care less about covering them.

Pollak was the only one with any credibility.

Yep they need to hire LS.

I hope Raffi is back he can really fill in on any line on the Sharks (part time) or at least he could. The Oilers won't play McDavid is Raffi is on the ice :biglaugh:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
If Raffi is playing at that level, I would bet he's ready for intermittent play/4th line minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad