Raffi Torres Update

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I can't wait until Raffi comes back, he is misunderstood by so many and a great player. He was also pretty nice in person when I met him.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Time to ice Scott, Torres, and Brown together. The amount of concussions league-wide will skyrocket.

The Cup is ours at last!

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1h1 hour ago
Raffi Torres at #Sharks Ice for first time this season as rehab makes progress.

Sharks could definitely use him, but the sporadic and inconsistent news regarding his knee hasn't inspired confidence.

SacLandshark

Dec 27, 2010
IIRC, management said that he would have surgery and be back in the spring like last year. THEN they said that they were going to skip the surgery and implied that it would shorten the time off. Then... nothing for months...

Now:

"I'm just trying to be hopeful and that when I start skating it's not affecting me," Torres said. "If I can play at the level I need to play at, I'll keep going. If not, we'll have to sit down again and reassess the situation."

So he might work for a few weeks/months and THEN decide that it does need surgery afterall - another year away from the game.

NOT what we all hoped for when he signed that 4 year deal.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
IIRC, management said that he would have surgery and be back in the spring like last year. THEN they said that they were going to skip the surgery and implied that it would shorten the time off. Then... nothing for months...

Now:

"I'm just trying to be hopeful and that when I start skating it's not affecting me," Torres said. "If I can play at the level I need to play at, I'll keep going. If not, we'll have to sit down again and reassess the situation."

So he might work for a few weeks/months and THEN decide that it does need surgery afterall - another year away from the game.

NOT what we all hoped for when he signed that 4 year deal.

The circumstances as a whole kind of suck. Freak knee on knee then he came back early to try and help in the playoffs and then an infection that leads to having to redo the whole surgery. Skipping on the surgery means he may play this year, doing the surgery means next year at the earliest. Skipping then doing surgery a little later means he'll get to play this year and probably play at some point next year too. After missing a year, I'd bet he's really eager to get as much playing as he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad