Raffi Torres Update

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
A quote from the article

"That second procedure still has not taken place, and neither Torres nor the team will discuss the delay other than to say medical options continue to be explored. "

What I do like, Torres is spending time in Toronto seeking his medical options (meaning Dr. Ting will probably not be doing the second ACL procedure)

What I don't like, it has been over a month since the removal of the old ACL repair. What is taking so long?!

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
shm1.gif

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It really is frustrating that he has been hurt pretty for the entire time he's been here. When he's healthy, he changes the temperature of the team and produces. Just can't stay healthy.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah, regardless, he was suspended, then injured, played injured, then injured again. That's been his tenure as a Shork.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
Selfishness aside. This is looking pretty bleak for poor Raffi. Starting to sound like a career threatening thing. I hope all turns out well for him.

Is Ting really that bad? And did he basically ruin Cheechoo too with the Hernia procedures?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Not a fan of his in the slightest, but it's likely the end of his career, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy off the ice, so that sucks.

Sharks have the worst freaking luck though, jeebus.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
On the bright side, once the injury is done, his suspensions shouldn't have the "previous offender" extrat time additions.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
There are a few things I can think of as to why it has been over a month waiting on surgery #2.

The first is that the infection had more complications than usual... BAD

The second is that he may be doing a lot of Physical Therapy between the surgeries so that the recovery process is shorter...GOOD

The third is that the surgery to remove the infected ACL ligament was improperly done and now they have to both remove the rest of it while also decided where to harvest the new ACL from (usually the hamstring or the other knee) ...BAD

All in all, I cannot believe that a player I was furious about the Sharks acquiring (because I hated him) turned into a player I now adore and yet he is incapable of stepping on the ice. This is why we can't have nice things...

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I bet if Justin Williams was a Shark, he would be injured all the time instead of scoring clutch playoff goals for us.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
There are a few things I can think of as to why it has been over a month waiting on surgery #2.

The first is that the infection had more complications than usual... BAD

The second is that he may be doing a lot of Physical Therapy between the surgeries so that the recovery process is shorter...GOOD

The third is that the surgery to remove the infected ACL ligament was improperly done and now they have to both remove the rest of it while also decided where to harvest the new ACL from (usually the hamstring or the other knee) ...BAD

All in all, I cannot believe that a player I was furious about the Sharks acquiring (because I hated him) turned into a player I now adore and yet he is incapable of stepping on the ice. This is why we can't have nice things...

When I had mine replaced. They harvested one third of my petela tendon on the same leg. 3 months of PT and a full year before I could play on it without being hesitant / worried.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
When I had mine replaced. They harvested one third of my petela tendon on the same leg. 3 months of PT and a full year before I could play on it without being hesitant / worried.

Yup, the Hamstring muscle and Patella tendon are the two most common harvested areas.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1h1 hour ago
Raffi Torres at #Sharks Ice for first time this season as rehab makes progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad