Race for the Rocket Richard 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'd be far more concerned if he doesn't. This year is the perfect storm for him to add it to his collection

I feel like you could say this more about Matthews than McDavid. Matthews is the one that is more expected to win rockets going forward and take the torch from OV, so the perfect storm is more in his court than McDavid since he's usually regarded as a better goal scorer.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Any thread about any player being great is derailed by Oiler fans.

It's getting ridiculous.

Yep, just Leafs [Oilers] fans though.

Literally no other fan base does this.

Excellent observation.
Best point made, like, ever.

"Literally" one page apart. Sarcastic whining about the fanbase being singled out, then turn around and single a fanbase out. Right on!

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews was shooting like 30% and Maple Leafs were converting almost 40% of their pp chances the first part of the season and people thought it was sustainable.
Matthews is still shooting 18.8% which is tops in his career
Mcdavid is shooting 14.2% which other than his second season is the worst of his career

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Now I'm picturing McDavid storming the stage and tearing the award from Matthews' hands, thus completing his sweep.

I just had this mental picture of McDavid in place of Kanye when he stormed the awards stage to interrupt Taylor Swift to say it should have gone to Beyonce.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
So wait here.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

With McDavid getting within striking distance of the rocket..does that make him a Selke favorite too ?

:sarcasm::laugh:

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Did his ancestors forge the trophy? Cuz it’s probably not from play on the ice.

If you managed to stay up and watch other teams games from time to time, you'd realize that the manufactured narrative coming out of Toronto insinuating that McDavid and Draisaitl aren't good defensive players is simply yet another bullshit attempt to trivialize the substantial gap that exists between them and Matthews.

But hey, we can't all be so lucky to witness Selke level soccerhockeyball play.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Another AZ

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. Lots of players are playing through injuries, not just Matthews. If McDavid catches Matthews after his huge lead in goals and wins the Rocket he will be full value for the win.
I always thought McDavid would grab a Rocket or two if he just shot more instead of passing as much. It looks like he’s doing that this year.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Drai actually PK. Several seasons now. Matthews doesn't
Ooooh, 20 minutes of PK in 33 games. 36 seconds a game! Draisaitl's PK TOI/GP has been decreasing for three years in a row. I won't tell you that Matthews PK's a lot, with a whopping 17 seconds per game this season, but the "Drai PK's" line of arguing is drying up. (hehe)

Also, Alex Kerfoot PK's. 1:32 per game, which is more than Draisaitl has ever played on the PK in his career. I will stand before the hockey gods and declare that Alex Kerfoot is not good defensively. Matt Barzal and Brayden Point do not PK, and I will point out that they're considered good defensively.

PK'ing does not automatically mean a player is good defensively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad