Race for the Rocket Richard 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
He is currently leading. Just like McDavid is currently leading the Ross. They are not subjective awards and are based on a defined stat. Where as an award like the Hart as not. I'm also not trying to convince anyone, it's my opinion, I don't expect it care if anyone agrees with me.
I actually agree with you on Matthews being the best goal scorer. I just think your arguments used aren't lining up well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The race is over, may as well shut this one down. Only guy remotely close to him was Rantanen and he’s now on the COVID list.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Because you don't suddenly become the best goal scorer in hockey by winning an award for the first time when the guy who's won 9 of them is still in the damn league. How is this a question?
With this logic Gretzky was still the best goal scorer the year he retired lol. Great argument.

Reactions: tread102

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Hoping Matthews can pull it off but I’m not counting out ovechkin yet. He could realistically go get 7 goals in the next 3 games and be right back in it

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
So in short, you've got nothing.
Oh no, I've already given you the entirety as to why calling a guy who hasn't won the award once (will win this year) better than the guy who has won it 9 and 3 straight prior to this year, is stupid especially when the later missed 4 games due to COVID.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
With this logic Gretzky was still the best goal scorer the year he retired lol. Great argument.
What a stupid rationale to put forward and doesn't even deserve a response because yes, someone who is long retired is still the best goal scorer in the league RIGHT NOW. Dude just stop posting.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oh no, I've already given you the entirety as to why calling a guy who hasn't won the award once (will win this year) better than the guy who has won it 9 and 3 straight prior to this year, is stupid especially when the later missed 4 games due to COVID.

So in your opinion there's no chance one player can decline and another one can elevate his game ? What a terrible take lol. Matthews finished 1 goal behind OV and Pasta last year, it's not all that ridiculous to suggest a young scorer entering his prime who was just the runner up is now a better scorer than a 35 year old who obviously looks slower. In present day Matthews is the best goal scorer, if you're talking about overall career then OV is the goat. But this is Matthews easily. He missed games due to a wrist injury and has been playing with an injured wrist ever since that dirty hit he took. But you're not factoring that in either lol.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Still nothing?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So in your opinion there's no chance one player can decline and another one can elevate his game ? What a terrible take lol. Matthews finished 1 goal behind OV and Pasta last year, it's not all that ridiculous to suggest a young scorer entering his prime who was just the runner up is now a better scorer than a 35 year old who obviously looks slower. In present day Matthews is the best goal scorer, if you're talking about overall career then OV is the goat. But this is Matthews easily. He missed games due to a wrist injury and has been playing with an injured wrist ever since that dirty hit he took. But you're not factoring that in either lol.
Also had COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad