Race for the Rocket Richard 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
People did not listen when I said McDavid or Draisaitl are better goal scorers AND overall players than Matthews. When Matthews shooting percentage starts to regress he is not left with much he does at an elite level. If McDrai are involved in about 50% of all Oilers goals then it is easy to see that one of them will win the Rocket Richard with ease.

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
People did not listen when I said McDavid or Draisaitl are better goal scorers AND overall players than Matthews. When Matthews shooting percentage starts to regress he is not left with much he does at an elite level. If McDrai are involved in about 50% of all Oilers goals then it is easy to see that one of them will win the Rocket Richard with ease.

Hahaha those two can't even spell the word defense.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Last I checked (about a week ago I think), McDavid was 5 or 6 behind, so he seems to be catching up really quick.

McDavid has been on a tear, but there are factors on Toronto's end. People mentioned the wrist injury, but didn't Keefe say that Matthews was playing through it all year basically? Matthews' scoring slump has more to do with the Leafs' slump. If you win more, you score more goals.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Last I checked (about a week ago I think), McDavid was 5 or 6 behind, so he seems to be catching up really quick.

McDavid has been on a tear, but there are factors on Toronto's end. People mentioned the wrist injury, but didn't Keefe say that Matthews was playing through it all year basically? Matthews' scoring slump has more to do with the Leafs' slump. If you win more, you score more goals.
Andersson aggravated said injury to the point where he’s had difficulty shooting it. Even then, he’s got 3 in his last 5 and 5 points in the last 5 games. He’ll be ok.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Matthews is having an awesome season, but McDavid is just on another level right now and seems to be heating up.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Any thread about any player being great is derailed by Oiler fans.

It's getting ridiculous.
Every team and player has slumps, every team and player has hot streaks. It’s the ebbs and flows of a season and yet that’s lost on far too many.

Reactions: Declassified

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
At the begining of the season I put 2 bets down:
1- Ovechkin wins the Rocket
2- McDavid wins the Rocket

I might have underestimated the effect of a short season, but I still stand by my takes.

Ovy was looking in a bad spot last year too before going a on tear. He's got 4 goals in his last 4 games currently.
Matthews always start like he's gonna lit the league on fire, but those streak have not lasted yet.
McDavid is just McDavid. He's proven to be a 40 goal scorer like Matthews. He's having a beastly season and showing no signs of slowing down.

Also, I know the OP is more clear, but thread title is factually wrong. McDavid and Matthews (and Toffoli!) are in a tight race to take the Rocket away from Ovy, who basically owns the trophy at this point. He's won it 6 times in the last 7 years come on...

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
If he wins it, I will laugh so hard. Most people have known for a while that he has the ability to win one so this isn't surprising. The inevitable excuse train and flurry of but he's bad defensively posts are going to be so delicious Gordon Ramsey himself would baste his thighs.

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So...if Auston is so darn hurt....why is he playing?

Edit...damn autocorrect always overrides my spelling of Auston

Last edited:
Reactions: Zamknij kurwa ryj

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
So...if Austin is so darn hurt....why is he playing?

For the Rocket of course!

No but seriously a bunch of players play hurt... I don't follow the Leafs too much but I doubt management would risk him aggravating a bad injury in a season when they're doing fine.

He's always been a top scorer in the league though, it's a question of time until he wins his first Rocket.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
For the Rocket of course!

No but seriously a bunch of players play hurt... I don't follow the Leafs too much but I doubt management would risk him aggravating a bad injury in a season when they're doing fine.

He's always been a top scorer in the league though, it's a question of time until he wins his first Rocket.

I get players play hurt....but when the greatest asset on your team ain't doing shit cause he is hurt why risk a bugger injury for f*** all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad