Race for the Rocket Richard 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
As the title states this thread will be to discuss the race for the Rocket Richard in the 2021 season. Below will be the main contenders. Discuss away.

McDavid
Draisatil
Debrincat
Ehlers
Toffoli
Boeser
Matthews
Other???

I think McDavid or Draisaitl have it this year personally.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Matthews if he stays healthy. Guy is scoring goals without even shooting the puck

Reactions: hn777

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Matthews is the front runner, but I wouldn't put it past one of mcDavid Drai if they stay together

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Matthews, his shot is insane and Marner is getting him the pucks in the right spots.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I dont think their shots are insane though. IMO the only players whos snap shots compare are Pasta, Laine, Drai.

DeBrincat's shot IS insane, have you not seen him play?.

(before this season)

Besides Alex is 5 foot 7 / 160 pound player, that makes it even more impressive, his shot.
Compared to, lets say Auston, who is 6 foot 3 / 225 pound player, his body, physique, alone
gives him a huuuuge advantage over Alex.

Reactions: hn777 and Mez

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
DeBrincat's shot IS insane, have you not seen him play?.

(before this season)

Besides Alex is 5 foot 7 / 160 pound player, that makes it even more impressive, his shot.
Compared to, lets say Auston, who is 6 foot 3 / 225 pound player, his body, physique, alone
gives him a huuuuge advantage over Alex.

For sure he has a elite shot, no doubt. Its wild that he can do that with such a small frame.
My categories are: Insane, elite, good, the rest. DeBrincat falls in the elite group for me.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Ehlers, Toffolli and Boeser ahead of Matthew's.
Even off the top of someone's head it shouldnt come out like that.
There is zero chance Ehlers, Toffoli, or Boeser score more goals than Matthews. Unless Matthews misses a huge percentage of games due to injury.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
As long as he can stay away from the injury bug for the rest of the season it's Matthew's to lose. Even if McJesus and Drai play together. Matthew's shot is insane and Marner is one of the best passers around.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well Kirill ran away with the last trophy race thread he was talked about in. Let’s will him into this one too

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I thought going into season Matthews was #1 favorite. I think he's better than Pastrnak, who anyways was starting season late. And age has to catch up to Ovi eventually.

So far Matthews has done nothing but confirm he's a strong favorite this year. I still say it's him.

People shouldn't sleep on Ovi though. Even being as far back as he is. He's done it before.

Reactions: JenniferH

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Mathews looks to be on another level this season in terms of goal scoring - I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in the lead all year.

My homer vote goes to McDavid though. Would love to see him add the Richard to his trophy case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad