GDT: R3G2: Oilers @ Avs: *First to 1,000,000* (8pm ET)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Nah Bednar is handling this just fine. Remember, in those series' Bednar was the "young guy" against the experienced, veteran and "respected" coaches.

This series, Bednar is the respected coach and Woodcroft is the "young guy." The refs won't take too kindly I assume to him calling them out.
Yah sometimes it does feel like you have to pay dues in this league even as a rookie coach. Mackinnon wasnt getting calls the way he is now when he was a rookie. Part of the process. I would be a little shocked if the refs gave in to Jay Woodcroft over the calls especially when they look at the calls that were made. I mean the Oilers did it to themselves with those penalties. You cant blame the refs for calling a Too Many Men or Kassian holding a guy in the bench. Kane with an elbow to Cales face, Kulak getting his elbow up on Mackinnon. Like cmon. If the Avs did that shit to the Oilers I wouldnt blame the refs for calling it I would blame the dumb ass player who did it. Like NAK for high sticking Leon same with Kadri. Those are penalties all day.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yah sometimes it does feel like you have to pay dues in this league even as a rookie coach. Mackinnon wasnt getting calls the way he is now when he was a rookie. Part of the process. I would be a little shocked if the refs gave in to Jay Woodcroft over the calls especially when they look at the calls that were made. I mean the Oilers did it to themselves with those penalties. You cant blame the refs for calling a Too Many Men or Kassian holding a guy in the bench. Kane with an elbow to Cales face, Kulak getting his elbow up on Mackinnon. Like cmon. If the Avs did that shit to the Oilers I wouldnt blame the refs for calling it I would blame the dumb ass player who did it. Like NAK for high sticking Leon same with Kadri. Those are penalties all day.
I also think they won't be pleased that he was arguing the Kassian penalty and they evened it up for him, too, despite Byram doing nothing wrong there.

Woodcroft sending his guys out late to goon it up like Kane/Nurse did and with Kassian/Archibald on the ice late can't sit well with the refs. That's just asking for the linesman to have to do more work in scrums if it gets to that point.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Cogliano, lehkonen, Manson. Sakic is the best GM in the league. I hope we get both helm and Cogliano back. Love playing the youngsters but these guys know how to win when it counts.
Wish he added one more depth dman so we would never have to see Jack Johnson. Credit where its due I thought JJ was fine last game. On the road though we shall see but im not looking forward to Mcdavid out there against him.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wish he added one more depth dman so we would never have to see Jack Johnson. Credit where its due I thought JJ was fine last game. On the road though we shall see but im not looking forward to Mcdavid out there against him.

I still think that dman is Ryan Murray (when he was healthy) and we didn't expect Girard to go down.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I expected it at some point in the run. Not for him to be out completely but maybe miss a game or 2 maybe a series. I expected the same with Kuemper as he was waaaaaaaaaaaay to healthy this season.
How many teams could be down a starting goalie, D-man and F and still be as dominant as the Avs are? Kudos to the players and coach.

JJ did well. Fooled me.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If Bednar wants to line-match JJ he can do it on the road too. Just put JJ on the ice only after a McDavid shift. Fairly easy to do.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Blink-182 isn’t for me but the crowd likes it so I’m not gonna hate. Do your thing, have your fun.

However, living on a prayer? I know hockey is the whitest sport known to man but damn, there’s gotta be a limit. What’s next? Don’t stop believing? Sweet Caroline? C’mon man.

It’s gonna be even worse in Edmonton if they’re winning. They’re gonna sing like 10 of them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Blink-182 isn’t for me but the crowd likes it so I’m not gonna hate. Do your thing, have your fun.

However, living on a prayer? I know hockey is the whitest sport known to man but damn, there’s gotta be a limit. What’s next? Don’t stop believing? Sweet Caroline? C’mon man.

It’s gonna be even worse in Edmonton if they’re winning. They’re gonna sing like 10 of them.
Edmonton started singing living on a prayer in game 7 vs L.A. lol

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I loved the Oilers' fans reaction to Game 1. It was like everything is fine, we scored six, we just need to limit Colorado to 4 or less and all will be well. They didn't even entertain the notion that the Avs might adjust things too. And boy, did the Avs adjust things. The 3rd period was fantastic, they looked like a completely different team to the one struggling in the 3rd period in Game 1. More of the same, please. Oh and one more thing - I ****ing love Lehkonen.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We just need to half-shift JJ.:sarcasm:

Pretty sure we can find 10 min where McD is not on the ice.
Woody is going to be playing that dude 30 mins next game lol

Nascar. Not even close.

Reactions: The Moops

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Apart from Gretz being an obvious Oilers homer, I've been fine with him. I think he's provided a lot of good analysis on what players need to do in the playoffs.

He's not acting any different than he always has. This is always how he's carried himself in front of cameras/microphones. He's very careful with his words because of his stature in the game.
Meh it honestly comes with the territory. No different than other players that have played for other teams.

Peyton manning (love him and my colts) is extremely bias on his Monday night show with Eli with Denver and Indianapolis. That is just how it is. Wayne is still an incredibly smart man. I think he knows Colorado is a way better team than us

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Meh it honestly comes with the territory. No different than other players that have played for other teams.

Peyton manning (love him and my colts) is extremely bias on his Monday night show with Eli with Denver and Indianapolis. That is just how it is. Wayne is still an incredibly smart man. I think he knows Colorado is a way better team than us
Craig Simpson doesnt seem to like the Oilers... well he didnt in the LA and Flames series. Thats how it came across anyways. Loui on the other hand. Cant say a bad word about Loui as he helped with my hockey fandom when he came to our elementary and then later Junior High back in the day.

Reactions: tardigrade81

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Yeah, Don't Stop Believing, and then Danger Zone.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Sweet Caroline has been sung in Carolina

Reactions: Nihiliste

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

Living on a prayer?

Because it says "we are half way there!" and with 2 wins, the Avs are half way there....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad