GDT: R3G2: Oilers @ Avs: *First to 1,000,000* (8pm ET)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Steven Rice fogot about him. He didn't have goood things to say about Twist or you ? lol

My brother was working on designing some pipelines through to Quad cities Iowa. He was in St. Louis for awhile and frequented a pub that Twist used to go to. He told me a few things he heard about Twist as well. He was actually there one night when he didn't travel with the team from that split lip McCarty gave him. Might have been a road trip to Detroit actually

He was acting pretty tough and cool
Pretty sure Rice was fine with me and my friends asking questions lol but he didnt like Tony Twist for some reason. Im not sure if he fought him or what.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
In light of the hockey season: I’m gonna give this bad boy a go. It’s on prime
1654304247783.jpeg

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
I can’t believe they made this movie designed for kids……. How did they think this was even remotely a good idea lol.

I feel like cartoons were way darker in the 80s. I remember loving "The Secret of Nimh" back then and it's super dark too.

I swear there was a trend with cartoon movie writers back then where they tried to scar children.

I still can't watch The Fox and the Hound to this day. The scene where the old lady is driving the fox out into the woods because she has to release him into the wild still gets to me. I'm 36 effing years old and I swear to god I'll tear up if I watch that scene right now.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I feel like cartoons were way darker in the 80s. I remember loving "The Secret of Nimh" back then and it's super dark too.

I swear there was a trend with cartoon movie writers back then where they tried to scar children.

I still can't watch The Fox and the Hound to this day. The scene where the old lady is driving the fox out into the woods because she has to release him into the wild still gets to me. I'm 36 effing years old and I swear to god I'll tear up if I watch that scene right now.
That, & off the top of my head: Black Cauldron, Land Before Time, The Great Mouse Detective, &, not technically an animated feature, but Christopher Lloyd as Judge Dread at the end of Who Framed Rodger Rabbit freaked me the eff out at 6 years old lol. Ah, the 80s.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Oh you’re totally right. Even looney toones. You don’t realize how violent it is. Sam chasing bugs bunny. Falls off a cliff a half dozen times lmao. Constantly characters getting blown up and falling to their death a million times lol. No way they could have stuff like that for kids now

My son watches Paw Patrol lol

Guys…

Did we just adopt @tardigrade81 ???
Hahah naw. You guys are a good group! I usually don’t bother with opposing boards, but you have all been good folks.

I think if anyone from the oilers board caught me here maybe they wouldn’t be impressed.

Or the 2 folks we have over on the Sens board.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
That, & off the top of my head: Black Cauldron, Land Before Time, The Great Mouse Detective, &, not technically an animated feature, but Christopher Lloyd as Judge Dread at the end of Who Framed Rodger Rabbit freaked me the eff out at 6 years old lol. Ah, the 80s.

Yeah, forgot about the land before time. Ugh.

I feel like the rest of the movie is pretty kid friendly but Littlefoot sobbing as his mom dies is pretty freaking messed up.

Just to add to the negative memories of that movie for people here.. the young girl who did the voice for Ducky was murdered when she was 10 by her father in a double murder suicide.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Yeah, forgot about the land before time. Ugh.

I feel like the rest of the movie is pretty kid friendly but Littlefoot sobbing as his mom dies is pretty freaking messed up.

Just to add to the negative memories of that movie for people here.. the young girl who did the voice for Ducky was murdered when she was 10 by her father in a double murder suicide.
Littlefoot's mom dies?!

Reactions: missionAvs

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
Oh you’re totally right. Even looney toones. You don’t realize how violent it is. Sam chasing bugs bunny. Falls off a cliff a half dozen times lmao. Constantly characters getting blown up and falling to their death a million times lol. No way they could have stuff like that for kids now

My son watches Paw Patrol lol

Hahah naw. You guys are a good group! I usually don’t bother with opposing boards, but you have all been good folks.

I think if anyone from the oilers board caught me here maybe they wouldn’t be impressed.

Or the 2 folks we have over on the Sens board.
I love you man. Drop by more often. Do you like unsweetened green tea? I could make you some unsweetened green tea. My treat.

Reactions: dahrougem2

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I love you man. Drop by more often. Do you like unsweetened green tea? I could make you some unsweetened green tea. My treat.
This is the second time you have said, “I love you” to me

You have now said it twice as much as my wife has in the last two months. This is creepy.

I’ll be in Denver this year october 6 to see my boys play The Broncos. Please don’t stalk me, kidnap me and handcuff me in your basement

I have a three year old son. He needs me. I can’t die at the hands of a weird internet stalker. I’m only 34 😭😭😭😭😭

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
F*** you and the Vegas Golden Knights you pagan.
I am sorry.

This is the second time you have said, “I love you” to me

You have now said it twice as much as my wife has in the last two months. This is creepy.

I’ll be in Denver this year october 6 to see my boys play The Broncos. Please don’t stalk me, kidnap me and handcuff me in your basement

I have a three year old son. He needs me. I can’t die at the hands of a weird internet stalker. I’m only 34 😭😭😭😭😭
I like turtles

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Holy shit!!!!

I do too….. I love ninja turtles. Maybe we are meant to be…..

What’s up Avs fam?

Thinking of McDonald’s breakfast. Not sure if I want the shits though.

Thoughts ?

On the weekends I usually enjoy peanut butter cinnamon toast. It’s not too bad. If I want something warm and fast-food’y, we have a chain of convenience stores here called Quik Trip, and they have an excellent sausage, egg, and cheese croissant.

• Wow

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Looney Tunes were not made for kids, they were shown at regular movie theaters before feature films, they were made for adult audiences. Violent, racist (think Speedy Gonzales, and some of the WW2 era cartoons), misogynistic- those cartoons had it all.

• Wow

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
On the weekends I usually enjoy peanut butter cinnamon toast. It’s not too bad. If I want something warm and fast-food’y, we have a chain of convenience stores here called Quik Trip, and they have an excellent sausage, egg, and cheese croissant.
That sounds amazing!!!

I live in Regina:( we have no such chain. Our breakfast places are pretty limited. It kind of sucks :(

We have Brock Lesnar in Saskatchewan somewhere here. That’s about it lol

Lmao!!!

Reactions: John Mandalorian

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Looney Tunes were not made for kids, they were shown at regular movie theaters before feature films, they were made for adult audiences. Violent, racist (think Speedy Gonzales, and some of the WW2 era cartoons), misogynistic- those cartoons had it all.
Wow. I think I remember them being at the drive in here as well. I was born in 87 so might have just been right around when I was born. The drive in theatre here stopped in the mid 90’s. I can’t recall if the theatre had them or not. Of course space Jam was huge, but there wasn’t near the violence in that movie that the actual cartoon had

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Holy shit!!!!

I do too….. I love ninja turtles. Maybe we are meant to be…..

What’s up Avs fam?

Thinking of McDonald’s breakfast. Not sure if I want the shits though.

Thoughts ?
The thing about explosive diarrhea is that once it clears your body, you're golden so good luck!

(But you were supposed to have watched Double Impact, so I'm not sure if you also want that as well as the projectile vomitting you've surely been having)

As far as children's animated movies, nothing comes even remotely close to The Iron Giant.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The thing about explosive diarrhea is that once it clears your body, you're golden so good luck!

(But you were supposed to have watched Double Impact, so I'm not sure if you also want that as well as the projectile vomitting you've surely been having)

As far as children's animated movies, nothing comes even remotely close to The Iron Giant.
Lol I will watch Double Impact again. I can’t find it for free. Prime has it for like 6 bucks. Not paying that for that movie 😂

Iron Giant….. is this another movie I can’t show my kid? I can’t do paw patrol anymore. He’s watching it as we speak lol
1654352634707.jpeg

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Lol I will watch Double Impact again. I can’t find it for free. Prime has it for like 6 bucks. Not paying that for that movie 😂

Iron Giant….. is this another movie I can’t show my kid? I can’t do paw patrol anymore. He’s watching it as we speak lol
View attachment 555667
Wait, you have not seen The Iron Giant??

You are going to watch that movie and come back to me and say "OMG that was the best movie EVER!!! I don't even care that the oilers lost Games 3 & 4 when McDavid & Draisaitl got all frustrated and started scoring on their own net in a furious kind of 'trade-me' moment!!!"

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest