GDT: R2G4: Avs @ Blues 9:30pm ET (7:30pm MT) **COL Now Leads 3-1 **

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah I'm sorry, but Berube should be suspended indefinitely by the league if he has no comment about racist attacks on a player. This should be a no tolerance policy. End of discussion.

I mean how f***ing hard is it to say I didn't like the hit on our goalie but resorting to racially based attacks is never ok. Berube is f***ing pathetic if he can't even muster up something like this. And if he can't he shouldn't be coaching in this league.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Like Baugh says, this isn't an indication that Bura isn't playing, just that Newhook is, and if Bura does play, he's probably playing on the 4th line.

We could see
13/29/96
92/91/62
18/37/16
25/43/95

Problem is Burakovsky provides very little when it comes to the role Bednar wants the 4th line to play. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
It is truly unbelievable to me that Mikko has been a complete ghost and bordering liability territory. He can’t hit the net to save his life, coughs the puck up at the worst times and seems to be second guessing himself during the PP which leads to easy turnovers

We will need him to get going if we want to make a legit run. We all thought he’d turn it around come post season but he’s been so damn bad. Not sure what has to change

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
It is truly unbelievable to me that Mikko has been a complete ghost and bordering liability territory. He can’t hit the net to save his life, coughs the puck up at the worst times and seems to be second guessing himself during the PP which leads to easy turnovers

We will need him to get going if we want to make a legit run. We all thought he’d turn it around come post season but he’s been so damn bad. Not sure what has to change
Might be an injury that limits him in some way?

Anyway, thought I could handle the main board gdt but nope , not worth being mad or being in foul mood because of random strangers .

Go Avs

Reactions: ASmileyFace

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Unless the game is completely out of hand I think Berube and ROR will have their team under control tonight. I'm sure there is some interest in, "getting back at Kadri" but an Avalanche win really puts the boot on St Louis' throat. I think both teams are going to play very conservative hockey from the puck drop. I expect a tense and tight checking affair with few penalties. If the Avs win tonight I think it comes down to if Kuemper can outplay Husso. I have much more faith in that secenario than Kuemps outplaying the god mode Binnington we saw in the first two games.

I'm guessing a 2-1 Avs victory in OT. Byram with the GWG.

I have a root canal in an hour too, so here's to hoping I can focus on the game over my inevitable tooth pain.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Burakovsky has been bumped to the 4th line many times before, I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Regular season isn't the postseason. And Bednar has spoken multiple times about specific roles for each line in the playoffs. I guess we'll see, but I'm not putting money on him being on the 4th line.

Third line in place of NAK? But I've liked NAK so far.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I don't think he's gotten his legs (or lungs) back from whatever the hell that illness was. He's just not skating much out there. The couple times he actually has dug in and made a play, the Avs usually do something big. For instance, it was him who caused the turnover at the blueline and then spun to feed it down-ice to MacKinnon for the 2-on-1 on the semi-empty net last game. It's irksome but hopefully we see more from him in the next game and so on and so forth.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I have a root canal in an hour too, so here's to hoping I can focus on the game over my inevitable tooth pain.
When I had mine I was surprised at how little it hurt. Not sure if people make a bigger deal out of it than they should, or if my pain tolerance is just through the roof.

Reactions: Tweaky

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would do Newhook in for NAK.

NAK hasn't been bad necessarily but he has 0 points in 7 games and we need production from that 3rd line. JTC and Bura haven't been much better but Bura did do a lot to win us game 4 against the Preds and JTC at least has a couple of helpers.

Plus I think Newhook could help PP2 a little bit.

Scratching Burakovsky would be wild but I don't completely hate it either. Dude is soft as shit and gives no effort along the boards.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Regular season isn't the postseason. And Bednar has spoken multiple times about specific roles for each line in the playoffs. I guess we'll see, but I'm not putting money on him being on the 4th line.

Third line in place of NAK? But I've liked NAK so far.

We'll see I guess, NAK brings a great physical element but he's also been garbage managing the puck IMO. I've enjoyed the effort from Burakovsky even though he can't seem to generate any offense, but IMO some of that is the fact that his linemates really can't do anything out there to impact the game.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If this isn't a game for The Big Man, what is? Get him in and have him break whoever goes after Kadri (you know someone will).
I don't think MacDermid will actually keep any of the Blues from going after Kadri. No one on their team would be willing to fight him anyways and they'd rather just take advantage when he is on the ice and score.

If anything game 5 is the place to bring him in if the Blues start shit tonight. Big Man is much more tolerable when you can shelter him with last change

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If this isn't a game for The Big Man, what is? Get him in and have him break whoever goes after Kadri (you know someone will).

No it is not a game for "The Big Man" because "The Big Man" is one of the worst hockey players in the entire league. There's plenty of people who will go after anyone who goes after Kadri, who can actually play.

You use MacDermid in the regular season, you do not use him against one of the deepest offenses in the league in a postseason away game.

Also, one day this talk of goons being escalators rather than "deterrents" of violence in the game will have to be had.

Reactions: Turbonium

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Newhook doesn't provide anything. NAK at least moves the puck in the right direction and has limited turnovers.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No it is not a game for "The Big Man" because "The Big Man" is one of the worst hockey players in the entire league. There's plenty of people who will go after anyone who goes after Kadri, who can actually play.

You use MacDermid in the regular season, you do not use him against one of the deepest offenses in the league in a postseason away game.
He's nowhere near as bad as everyone on here seems to have convinced themselves he is.

Last edited:

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
Kill every bit of hope they have left. Come out strong, play our game, let them try to take runs at Kadri. Keep it simple, our skill and speed should hopefully be enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad