GDT: R2G4: Avs @ Blues 9:30pm ET (7:30pm MT) **COL Now Leads 3-1 **

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm fine scratching Bura if we were up 3-1 but with only a 1 game series lead, I feel like you need to still put your regular horses out there. Bold move by Bednar if confirmed.

For me, Bura hasn’t done anything in the playoffs outside of his one goal, and he’s not good defensively either. We could see a hungry Newhook come in and do some good things like LOC coming in last game.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I like Newhook coming in. Don’t like Burakovsky going out though. I’d prefer they try to get him support to get going.

I haven’t liked Cogliano at all. I haven’t like NAK as much as others have either but I think he played well enough last game to stay in. I’d remove Cogs and move NAK down to the 4th line.
Agree on both of those guys. Sakic actually ended up having a great trade deadline. Next Man Up is a lot easier this year than last. How about Cogs and NAK out, and Newhook plus MacDermid in. There is no way I want to risk MacDermid as 6D. But as 12F? I'd do that. The 4th line is really all about checking now anyway. And it seems like the Bednar Blender is gearing up anyway, so other than 9296, everything else is going to be fluid. Helm needs to be there to win a faceoff here and there. LOC does the chip and chase better than anyone on the team. In limited time LOC and Newhook looked good together, so maybe Helm goes, and Burky stays? Regardless, it is sure great to have some options ( I haven't even touched on Murray yet) as opposed to Nemeth and Soderburg.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Bura had the one playoffs with clutch goals, but in this one and the last he has been a weak link in the team.

Reactions: jabubenice

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
On the Burakovsky situation I think I've weighed on this saying that he should either play with Nuke and Kadri or get scratched. I seriously prefer option 1. He doesn't fit on the 3rd line even less with guys like JTC and NAK. He's tasked to play as a playmaker which isn't his strong suit. He needs a playmaker to use his wrister.

Here are the lines I would prefer :
Landy-Mack-Rants
Nuke-Kadri-Bura
Lehk-JTC-Newhook
LOC-Helm-NAK/Sturm

If they want to keep the lines intact I guess I rather see Newhook take Burakovsky's spot. NAK hasn't been that good offensively but has been solid on zone exits and defensively IMO. When Blues are in our zone with that line I'm legit scared that one of them will miss their cover. Boy I hate seeing players pointing their teammates in our zone it's usually means someone is lost or isn't covering someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avsboy

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
At defense he is arguably the worst player in the entire league. At forward he’s bad but you can hide him at least a little bit.
He was terrible to start the season but then got used to the system and acquitted himself nicely for a while there when used as a D in the middle of the season when we had a bunch of injuries.

I do think that if you put him in, it's as a 4th line LW though.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Yeah… I would not be a fan of scratching Burakovsky.

I get that the Avs have better depth than they used to, but not to the point of scratching Burakovsky.
I know it kind of seems that way, but I’d be surprised in Bura was actually scratched. Yes he’s been a non factor so far but he needs to get going for the Avs to continue winning.

I also think it would be weird timing. Bo is going in for Girard on PP2. Bura for all his issues is usually the one who attempts to gain the zone. He’s not elite at it but with Bo already coming in I fear it’s a lot of change.

Bura has been frustrating but he has the elite shot to change the game with one shot. I’d think you’d have to keep him in.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
I can’t think of one situation where Newhook comes in and makes the team better.

He’s not good enough to replace anyone in the top 6 and not defensively responsible to take out a bottom 6.

If anyone, it’ll be for NAK. Bednar will be hoping to get some of that “play your heart to prove you belong” magic that he got from LOC last game.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
The St. Louis Blues are a disgusting organization. Craig Berube can only say “no comment” when asked about the racial threats to Kadri? He sure had a lot to say before about Kadri. David Perron pretty much saying nothing is a huge positive compared to the rest of these idiots which is incredibly sad.

f*** these assholes.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I’m assuming it’s NAK out and Bura up to top 6 right?

Nuke - Mack - Rant
Landy - Kadri - Bura
Lehk - Compher - Newhook
Cogliano - Helm - O’Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
JJ - EJ

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
all of this controversy regarding Naz is similar to the hype prior to the release of a blockbuster marvel universe action movie.
I agree with whomever said Kadri has made the play of the series and it was clean.
the mead will be flowin in misery tonight folks !
Avs for the win , and a convincing one at that !

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
I bought 2 Avs shirts today. Go Avs!

Attachments

• teamlockup.jpg
    teamlockup.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2
  • teamlockupstaticnavy.jpg
    teamlockupstaticnavy.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The St. Louis Blues are a disgusting organization. Craig Berube can only say “no comment” when asked about the racial threats to Kadri? He sure had a lot to say before about Kadri. David Perron pretty much saying nothing is a huge positive compared to the rest of these idiots which is incredibly sad.

f*** these assholes.
What a sad, pathetic look for that entire organization from top to bottom. You can't say a single person over there has taken a stand against outside threats of violence and racism. NOT ONE! What does that go to show?

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
I hope the Avs are more pissed and motivated than the blues after this BS. I have a concert I bought tickets for months ago Friday so I’d appreciate this series getting wrapped up this Wednesday.

Reactions: The Merchant

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
How did Perron, a player have a better response than the f***ing coach? How does someone have no comment against someone receiving death threats and racial slurs? Even a simple "I don't like the guy, but there's no place for that in our game" response would be better than that. He's basically just egging on the fans. What a POS.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
How did Perron, a player have a better response than the f***ing coach? How does someone have no comment against someone receiving death threats and racial slurs? Even a simple "I don't like the guy, but there's no place for that in our game" response would be better than that. He's basically just egging on the fans. What a POS.
Even Perron's was garbage. "It's unfortunate"

Yeah motherf***er it's unfortunate that your entire organization is enabling this shit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad