GDT: R2 G3: Avs @ Golden Knights 10 ET/8 MT *Who Will Be Tonight's Hero?*

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Can't go 16-0 if you lose a game so I don't really see Avs losing this.
It’s actually crazy that if the Avs do sweep Vegas, they can likely sweep whoever crawls out of the north. It’s just a matter of sweeping Tampa/Boston. 12-0 would still be very impressive

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Never thought of it that way but yah that's possible. I don't even think Vegas was that bad in Game 1 its just the Avs were playing the very best they could. Said it before but when the Avs are playing at their very best they are next to impossible to beat.

But it cuts the other way too. Spending a week with the Minnesota Wild doesn't really prepare you for the offensive assault the Avs roll out. All this to say, the teams are pretty evenly matched when all cylinders are firing.

Reactions: jabubenice

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Going be a shutout tonight for sure. No way the Avs score one on Fleury and if they do NBC will cut the feed right before the puck goes in and wont resume until league officials change the score. MAF is already the first star of this game.

I don't even care if you're joking. You're not an Avalanche fan. Go join the Golden Nuggets forum.

rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif

Reactions: The Kingslayer

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
not sure abuout 5-1 but I feel like the Avs get shut out because Fleury plays out his mind. something like 3-0.
Fleury is junk. Too old for the style he tries to play, he gets caught out of position a lot, too aggressive. He needs to settle in and play like Gru.
Gru is athletic and acrobatic too he just plays a more subtle game and is more effective

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
No Tuch or Martinez at morning skate. Could be nothing but maybe something to keep an eye on.
That's.... curious. Losing Tuch and Martinez for Vegas would be tough.

Every single cup winner in the modern era has faced some level of adversity, and Vegas proved during game 2 that they are still one of the Avs biggest hurdles. I think the Avs play better overall than game 2 in this one, but Vegas is going to come out like gangbusters. I expect a high octane offensive battle of which goaltender can stand on their head the best. You have to expect MAF to out duel Grub at least once in the series imo. Pressure is all on Vegas to not go down 0-3 and in front of the first fully packed arena for them I have to give the edge to the knights here.

I think it goes 3-4 to Vegas, either on a late 3rd or early OT goal.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Also the best fourth line we iced this year was Compher-Belly-LOC. If LOC is back I hope Bednar remembers those games. Although if he goes with that as a 4th line I’d guess it means Soderberg is in as our 3C and both Ranta/Newhook come out. That’s not a big deal though as both struggled Wednesday.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also the best fourth line we iced this year was Compher-Belly-LOC. If LOC is back I hope Bednar remembers those games. Although if he goes with that as a 4th line I’d guess it means Soderberg is in as our 3C and both Ranta/Newhook come out. That’s not a big deal though as both struggled Wednesday.
I think that'd serve Soderberg well, too. He just doesn't look comfortable to me on the wing.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

JTC is one of the best 3.5 million dollar fourth line wingers in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad