GDT: R2 G3: Avs @ Golden Knights 10 ET/8 MT *Who Will Be Tonight's Hero?*

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Hench was the one who pointed it out on our boards. Bednar is pretty good and game-to-game adjustments but kind of sucks at mid-game adjustments.

I think the Avs will be better structured to respond, it's the home energy that worries me in this one.
He certainly doesn’t suck at in game adjustments. 1st in the NHL in 2nd period goals (also 1st last year). 5th in the NHL in win percentage when trailing after one (6th last year). 17th when trailing after 2 (this needs work as it was 29th the year prior so at least there’s improvement).

His team has a cf% of 61.99 when trailing this season. That’s first in the NHL by a long shot. Also first in xgf% while trailing. You don’t get to be the best team in the NHL while trailing if you struggle to make in game adjustments.

He’s done an even better job of preserving leads. 3rd in w% when leading after 1 and also 3rd when leading after 2.

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Why? Game 2 was pretty mellow. Go figure Vegas stops trying to injure everyone they see and focus on hockey instead and magically they don't look like dog shit anymore.
This is a desperation game for Vegas. If they lose its over. They are going have their hardest working game if the year. I think they try to get something going early either a fight. Guessing it's two random guys, like Tuch vs Donskoi.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I hope we show up and make a statement. Vegas played their absolute best last game, and still lost. That has to be messing with their heads. I expect the Avs to clean up the sloppy mess that they put forth during the 2nd/3rd last game. Mackinnon needs a strong bounce back game. I think we’re going to take a 3-0 lead tonight.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also I’m curious how much of the “full capacity” are traveling Avs fans. Vegas is loud and all but visiting fans tend to fill that arena. Hopefully lots of Avs fans bring the noise.
Not just that, but any time the Avs have gone into Vegas it has been littered with Avs fans. It's nice to see that for a change when we go into Vegas/Arizona and have a loud, vocal fanbase.

Reactions: MarkT

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
What they are saying "the full house will energize Vegas to take game 3!"

Whatll happen: Vegas crowd adds to vegas players pressure on themselves on their inability to score goals and they will crumble

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
VGK will attempt to pummel the Avs. Avs need to show them who the better team is. If they win tonight the answer is clear.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I'm in Southern California for work, and I'm planning on driving out to Vegas this afternoon for the game. Any other Avs fans from the board planning on being there? If I get to Vegas early enough, I'd grab a drink somewhere.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Gru played well in game 2 to stop St Louis and he stole game 2 from Vegas.

You can't expect to win the cup if you need your goalie to steal half the games.

Your best players need to be your best players. That's on MacK and Makar to be much better.

Landy wasn't good last game he had the puck in dangerous areas and flubbed all his chances. But he at least had the puck in scoring areas. Rants battled and fought along the boards and in the corners.

MacK was basically a ghost. Anyone remember him winning a battle for the puck or engaging in the forecheck?

No one remembers the top round 1 scorer in the history of the game. They remember the champions. If he wants to be a real winner and not a guy we talk about in 15 years as "I remember him too bad he never won it all" then he needs to be a dominant game changing force every game.

No more barely showing up.

You don't get many games where your third line puts up 2 goals. Game 2 was a gift.

Time to take game 3 rather than hope it falls into your lap.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

You can't expect to win the cup if you need your goalie to steal half the games.

Your best players need to be your best players. That's on MacK and Makar to be much better.

Landy wasn't good last game he had the puck in dangerous areas and flubbed all his chances. But he at least had the puck in scoring areas. Rants battled and fought along the boards and in the corners.

MacK was basically a ghost. Anyone remember him winning a battle for the puck or engaging in the forecheck?

No one remembers the top round 1 scorer in the history of the game. They remember the champions. If he wants to be a real winner and not a guy we talk about in 15 years as "I remember him too bad he never won it all" then he needs to be a dominant game changing force every game.

You don't get many games where your third line puts up 2 goals. Game 2 was a gift.

MacK was hitting everyone battling a bunch. Vegas suffocated him and we will have a plan for it tonight.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I just hope they play with higher energy and focus tonight. Last game was an embarrassment of turnovers and desperate stick pokes despite the win.

They can't keep playing like that an hope to win.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

I think we can come to an agreement that Grubauer stole game 2. 1 game out of 6 so far.

that works out to...(whips out calculator)...less than half.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I hope Sherwood is in tonight. Frankly he should've been already (based on healthy players). The bottom-6 needs a shake up.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Yeah I'm okay with a little shake up. Hopefully LOC is good to go, but even Sherwood wouldn't be bad. He's usually buzzing even though he doesn't do anything.

Reactions: PAZ

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Guys, we're winning the next two. Then a nice long break while we wait for the North. Kadri returns triumphantly for the first game of round 3.

We adjust and outplay them in this one. Gruby and some timely goals win us the 4th.

Like I said at the beginning: it will be a sweep. Harder than St. Louis because Vegas is good, but it will still be a sweep. Avs in 16 baby!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad