upload_2021-6-4_8-39-59.png

upload_2021-6-4_8-40-33.png

upload_2021-6-4_8-55-2.png

** QUEUE SUPERHERO MONTAGE **

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So did Colorado really see the absolute best Vegas has to offer in G2, or is there another level? Obviously I was happy, beyond happy, that the Avs won G2, but I think most of us could see that was an absolute theft by Grubauer.

They cannot come out and play the same way they did from about the time it was 1-1 in the 1st through the rest of the game. Do not come back to Colorado with a tied series, that's my hope.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Just need to steal one of these two Vegas games. Tonight would be okay with me ;).

Vegas is going to come out absolutely flying, the Avs are going to need to weather though the first period. Hopefully Vegas' inability to finish scoring chances continues.

Bednar.... give me Bo.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just need to steal one of these two Vegas games. Tonight would be okay with me ;).

Vegas is going to come out absolutely flying, the Avs are going to need to weather though the first period. Hopefully Vegas' inability to finish scoring chances continues.

Bednar.... give me Bo.

Why just one?

Reactions: MarkT and Murzu

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I will say this game absolutely has the ingredients to be the first game where the Avs have truly faced adversity, at least in terms of being down in a game. So far in these playoffs they have only been behind for like 7 min. We have been spoiled fans in that regard. We all know, deep down, that they're going to face that at some point.

Well tonight in Vegas, in front of what will likely be a sold out T-Mobile Arena, it would certainly seem like a game where Vegas will feed off that energy

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I almost feel like the 2nd game there may be easier to steal. I'm hoping they'll fall into the trap the Avs did with maybe feeling a little overconfident. Like I said in the Round 2 thread, I think the Avs will have to come from behind at some point. *that's what she said*, and that will be their biggest challenge to date due to the opponent.

Hopefully Grubi gets in their head early like MAF did a little in the last game.
We need Dong and Burky to show up, regardless. I know Saad will.

Hero: Saad with a greasy.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Posted this in the series thread by mistake

This should be a slightly better game from us, depending on how the teams respond to the fans in the fortress. What I’ve generally seen with the Knights is we outpossess them, then Deboer makes some adjustments and they outpossess us, and it takes Bednar until the next game to respond, and on and on it goes. So this is Bednar’s response game. We’ll see what happens

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So did Colorado really see the absolute best Vegas has to offer in G2, or is there another level? Obviously I was happy, beyond happy, that the Avs won G2, but I think most of us could see that was an absolute theft by Grubauer.

They cannot come out and play the same way they did from about the time it was 1-1 in the 1st through the rest of the game. Do not come back to Colorado with a tied series, that's my hope.
Vegas could possible have another level if they play like they did last game AND if Mark Stone does literally anything to be relevant. But Colorado played like dog shit too. If Colorado shows up and everything goes right for Vegas I think we see some even hockey.

Also I’m curious how much of the “full capacity” are traveling Avs fans. Vegas is loud and all but visiting fans tend to fill that arena. Hopefully lots of Avs fans bring the noise.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Avs had lots of tape to go over from last game. Excepting a good effort. Plus I like the idea of having three chances to seal it after tonight (not that we’ll need it :sarcasm:)

Reactions: MarkT

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think Hench was the one who pointed it out on our boards. Bednar is pretty good and game-to-game adjustments but kind of sucks at mid-game adjustments.

I think the Avs will be better structured to respond, it's the home energy that worries me in this one.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3