GDT: R2 G3: Avs @ Golden Knights 10 ET/8 MT *Who Will Be Tonight's Hero?*

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Ohhhh...definitely do NOT want Sherwood in there. Vegas would eat that guy for breakfast, especially in a last-change situation.

He led the league in Corsi % among players with at least 15 games played this season. His upside is certainly limited, but he's a solid 4th line player. I don't expect him to be in the lineup because we've gotten no indication that he's in consideration at this point, but I certainly DON'T think he'd get exposed in a possession game against Vegas.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not just that, but any time the Avs have gone into Vegas it has been littered with Avs fans. It's nice to see that for a change when we go into Vegas/Arizona and have a loud, vocal fanbase.

Hard to get tickets in Vegas for non-season ticket holders. They don't release many to the general public and the Knights put insane restrictions on selling or even transferring tickets to others. Not to say there won't be a few, but its nothing like it used to be or how it still is in Glendale.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He led the league in Corsi % among players with at least 15 games played this season. His upside is certainly limited, but he's a solid 4th line player. I don't expect him to be in the lineup because we've gotten no indication that he's in consideration at this point, but I certainly DON'T think he'd get exposed in a possession game against Vegas.

I've just seen way too many horrible defensive zone turnovers to trust him. I'll admit I was way too harsh on him earlier, but...ehhhhh I think there's a reason they tried the untested rookie first.

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
w471lyjji0371.png

"That's enough Fleury, we have to go now!"

Thank you internet.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So did Colorado really see the absolute best Vegas has to offer in G2, or is there another level? Obviously I was happy, beyond happy, that the Avs won G2, but I think most of us could see that was an absolute theft by Grubauer.

They cannot come out and play the same way they did from about the time it was 1-1 in the 1st through the rest of the game. Do not come back to Colorado with a tied series, that's my hope.
Wasn't their best. They played 40 minutes. If they had a better first period who knows. Regardless they are going to need to play at the level they did periods 2 and 3 if they are going to win tonight. Or they are going to need MAF to stand on his head and steal one like Gru did last game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I suck at making pre-game predictions, but I Bura has to get one at some point. Law of averages or something
He had a lot of chances last game and made some dumb plays along with it. He keeps shooting one is bound to go in. Hopefully tonight. Need donskoi to get going too. Everytime the Avs used to play the Sharks Donskoi would destroy us. Be nice if he helped us a little more.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I dunno. I think the VGK's were so slow, inept and gassed in Game 1 that the Avs were a bit slow to react to the increased energy in Game 2. If you spend 8 innings facing Jamie Moyer and then face Aroldis Chapman in the 9th, you're gonna whiff.

Sorry for the baseball analogy, but it's the best I could do. I think the Avs will be better tonight.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
200.gif

Get out of here with that bullshit. Fluery ain't shutting no one out!
Going be a shutout tonight for sure. No way the Avs score one on Fleury and if they do NBC will cut the feed right before the puck goes in and wont resume until league officials change the score. MAF is already the first star of this game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I dunno. I think the VGK's were so slow, inept and gassed in Game 1 that the Avs were a bit slow to react to the increased energy in Game 2. If you spend 8 innings facing Jamie Moyer and then face Aroldis Chapman in the 9th, you're gonna whiff.

Sorry for the baseball analogy, but it's the best I could do. I think the Avs will be better tonight.
Never thought of it that way but yah that's possible. I don't even think Vegas was that bad in Game 1 its just the Avs were playing the very best they could. Said it before but when the Avs are playing at their very best they are next to impossible to beat.

Reactions: Francesca13

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5