Draft R2 #63: Rangers select LW Adam Sýkora (HK Nitra, Slovakia)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think his upside is Ryan Callahan. I see a lot of similarities in their games. He will be a fan favorite when he comes to NYR. I can see him being a Ranger in 3 years. I bet his first year pro he will get some looks in preseason. Him and Othmann will be fun to watch.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like this option much better than him having to play for a ridiculously shitty Medicine Hat team. Another year or two in Europe before coming to NA is probably best for both Sykora and the Rangers.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I like this option much better than him having to play for a ridiculously shitty Medicine Hat team. Another year or two in Europe before coming to NA is probably best for both Sykora and the Rangers.

I doubt he'll be in Europe for another year after this season because the Rangers can't help themselves :laugh:

I always wanted him to take the Lehkonen path:

D+1: Domestic
D+2: SHL
D+3: SHL
D+4: NHL

Right now it looks like Sýkora will spend at least 2 years in Hartford after this upcoming season.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tough situation for him. He's getting good ice time but isn't producing much and his team is hot garbage, barely above the relegation spot (I think they're like 1 point clear at the moment).

He had a line of 1-4-5 through 8 games and was +4; next 7 games he has no points and is -8.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Tough situation for him. He's getting good ice time but isn't producing much and his team is hot garbage, barely above the relegation spot (I think they're like 1 point clear at the moment).

He had a line of 1-4-5 through 8 games and was +4; next 7 games he has no points and is -8.

I wish he would come back and play juniors. For his style of aggressive game would help his development and the smaller ice surface.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
It seems pretty clear to me. Sykora was crosschecked or something and a penalty was called. Sykora got in the other player's face, then the rest of each team got involved. One of the players on the opposing team punched Molnar and Molnar punched him back a lot harder, injuring him.

It doesn't sound like Sykora was injured at all, as he got up immediately after the hit, nor is he under investigation for his actions. That would be Molnar, though since he got hit first, I can't imagine he'll be in any real trouble.

Edit: Some people talking about it in the Molnar thread:

Already covered in the prospects thread. With that said, of all our prospects, the only one who it might surprise me less to hear about being in an incident like this would be Othmann.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

They take floorball seriously over there.

Even a couple of my dek games years back got pretty heated. I definitely didn't like the asshole winding up for a slapshot when up 6-1 already when none of us are wearing more than gloves and maybe shin pads.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
so we at least have one fast guy in the system, would love to add Oliver Moore too in the draft. team speed and puck moving from the defense need to be a focus
Oh you said skate lol. Don’t think i’d say he’s “fast” but his skating doesn’t hurt him. He’s aggressive and gets to spots quick with the routes he takes. Smart player.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
For those not following Hartford, he was off to a bit of a slow start as he had a limited role and was obviously adjusting while still being way younger than the league average. He had 2 points in his first 9 games.

Over his last 10 games including tonight, he has a line of 4-4-8. Starting to really settle in.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm completely sold on Sykora. He probably won't get an NHL look this year, but there are going to be some bottom six veterans in camp next year who find themselves in a surprise battle for their roster spot with the kid.

Reactions: haveandare and Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3