GDT: R1G3 - Avs @ Kraken - Rolling on the Road - 8PM

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nah. This game cements how truly disastrous the TDL was. Mac and Makar are playing like they're (easily) the 2nd/3rd best players in the game (all for the price of...15.8 million in cap...that's like 1.75 Darnell Nurse'!).

You don't get many chances with them both at their apex, and the only job management has is to make use of every second of it. And they didn't. Not even remotely close. Even a smidge more help and they're off to the races.

Couldn't agree more

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is MacK the only player in the league that you can say is a power forward, sniper, playmaker and hell, even a enforcer because he also fights. Can’t really think of another one in the NHL right now that does pretty much everything like MacK

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Is MacK the only player in the league that you can say is a power forward, sniper, playmaker and hell, even a enforcer because he also fights. Can’t really think of another one in the NHL right now that does pretty much everything like MacK

Matthews fought tonight so you will have tough time arguing with Leaf fans. He can do it all. :D

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I hear that guy in Edmonton who just cherry picks to score is better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone else concerned about Nuke? He doesn’t seem like the type to sit out for bumps and bruises as proven last year.
I'm not concerned long term. I'm concerned he's in severe pain from whatever he's been dealing with and needs to rest up and heal. He can't do that until the Summer.

I honestly might consider sitting him the rest of this series and pray the Avs can finish it in 5. Let him get a good 7-10 days worth of rest starting yesterday.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think he's better all around than McDavid when you look at the game as a whole.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Might be worth sitting Val the rest of the series.

Kinda risky, especially if another body goes down, but they have to maintain some kind of health to have any hope moving forward.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Said it as a joke, because he had fight tonight and Leafs are probably very proud of their baby boy. He is nothing like MacK though.

Matthews is now a power forward. Fights and all.
Matthews is a great player can’t argue that, he has the size to be a power forward, but I think he’s strictly a sniper, also pretty good defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad