GDT: R1G3 - Avs @ Kraken - Rolling on the Road - 8PM

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
+ Seattle cannot skate with the Avs when the Avs play their style of hockey. It's night and day between these two teams. Problem is it's inconsistent. Last year was full throttle all the time. This year it's spurts of 15 minutes followed by BIG TIME crashes/lapses where the other team scores. Obviously missing talent on the roster but if they can keep the play tilted, they'll destroy Seattle.

+ Thought J.T. Compher was tremendous tonight.

+ Lars Eller is showing why the Avs acquired him. He's a fantastic playoff player, built for this kind of hockey and he fits so well with Cogliano and O'Connor - dare I say even better than Helm did.

+ Cale Makar still doesn't look 100% like himself but he was good today. Byram was also good.

+ The Dogg has officially joined the series. Made the Kraken his bitches tonight.

- Alex Newhook IIRC hardly saw the ice after the 3rd Kraken goal and rightfully so. Lazy turnover behind his net, then lazy coverage on Beniers.

- Malgin is scaring the f*** out of me. Seriously I think that guy could cost the Avs a game if it's close and he's on the ice. You never know what he's going to do with the puck in bad areas of the ice.

- Samuel Girard was absolute dog shit tonight. He's so afraid of getting hit that he willingly loses races to loose pucks instead of angling better. 1st Kraken goal was all on him.

- Georgiev needs to be better. Yeah we won but the Oleksiak goal can't happen. The Tanev goal in game 2 cannot happen. The Geekie goal I think in game 1 cannot happen. It's 1 bad goal per game with this guy it seems these playoffs. That cannot happen if the Avs want to go far.

Get some rest, get back at it and go into game 5 up 3-1 you idiots.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
His focus is not good. His positioning is shaky. But the Avs D coverage on shots from the point (ending in deflections) MUST be improved.

They need to control the players in front of Georgie better.
It’s their d zone coverage last two pucks not
Watch out MacK. That kind of admittance will get you red flagged in many parts of the country..... including the ones this series is being played in.
The laws in that state just got a whole lot worse/better depending on your view

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Given roster turnove, injuries, cap crunch, and Avs amateur scouting I don’t expect a repeat. But, at least beat the expansion +1 team RD1…

Nah. This game cements how truly disastrous the TDL was. Mac and Makar are playing like they're (easily) the 2nd/3rd best players in the game (all for the price of...15.8 million in cap...that's like 1.75 Darnell Nurse'!).

You won't get many chances with them both at their apex, and the only job management has is to make use of every second of it. And they didn't. Not even remotely close. Even a smidge more help and they're off to the races.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The Avs top players dominated the game. Plain and simple. Nate looked dominant and Makar was only on the ice for 5 chances against tonight.

Really needed that with Landy and Val out.

Hopefully Georgiev can look better moving forward after getting that stinker out of the way, because he wasn’t good tonight.

Seattle was leakier defensively tonight than the previous two games. They didn’t do as good a job as clogging the slot and neutral zone. Colorado took advantage. Big win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad