GDT: R1G3 - Avs @ Kraken - Rolling on the Road - 8PM

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
His wife could be expecting or something like that.

More likely miscarriage in that case because why wouldn't they tell about her giving birth or being pregnant?

Either way, not good stuff. :(

Not going to be pretty (the story of the season), but they got it done despite that horrible forward group. Take it one game at a time.

Well, let's see who shows up.. good test for the next season. Who to keep, who not.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Now that´s Avalanche Hockey... Still some flaws in our game, but it´s getting better and better. Our big guns showed up and took over.

Still concerned about Newhook. That 3rd goal is all on him.

Play game 4 that way and good things gonna happen.

Sad about Nuke. Really hope his personal matter ends well. There are more important things than Hockey in life (even playoff-hockey).

Any word in Eller so far?

Reactions: Turbonium

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Glad to see the win but if feels a bit like watching the early 10s penguins - 3 elite players in Nate, Cale, Mikko, some good supporting players (Bo, Lehky), and a bunch of replacement or sub replacement level players. And infinite injuries of course.

Reactions: Marinprudlik

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
What ever happened to that POS Manson smeared along the boards? Soucey? I don't think he came back into the game after that. This is why we have Manson, now that he is back his game will continue to improve and more opposition players will be sporting ice packs, aspirin, and bandages.

The refs ignored a lot of crosschecking by Seattle, most egregiously by Berniers on Newhook before the 3rd Kraken goal.

As I noted the other day- Seattle has played its best hockey, they don't have a next level. The Avs found their slippers and are shuffling about the house making coffee, opening the blinds to let in the nice morning sun, and getting geared up for the task.

Blessings to Nuke!!

PS- Please wait until the end of the game before deciding the entire management and coaching staff needs to be fired, and that players you already decided you don't like need to be sent to the ECHL, because the other team scores a goal. It's a process (prOcess if you're Canadian).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Newhook and Malgin were the only two forwards 50% or worse in Corsi last night (Nieto was just barely above at 52%) and they got crushed in terms of xGF.

The top six is as good as it's going to get when Nichushkin is healthy. The "4th line" is a defacto 3rd line with Cogliano - Eller - O'Connor and is very effective.

Avs NEED to find one more line that works. Right now this Meyers/Newhook/Malgin combination is abysmal.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Newhook and Malgin were the only two forwards 50% or worse in Corsi last night (Nieto was just barely above at 52%) and they got crushed in terms of xGF.

The top six is as good as it's going to get when Nichushkin is healthy. The "4th line" is a defacto 3rd line with Cogliano - Eller - O'Connor and is very effective.

Avs NEED to find one more line that works. Right now this Meyers/Newhook/Malgin combination is abysmal.
Meyers MacDermid Malgin?

The 3M line.

Not like 3M the company. 3M as in 3 minutes that line would get per game. They could have a 5 on 3 and have negative XGF.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
That 2 on 1 with Meyers and I can't remember who, was hilarious. Meyers just couldn't control the puck for the life of him and the puck was stuck between his feet the entire time he was skating down the ice hahaha.

The dude has no NHL hands whatsoever.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That 2 on 1 with Meyers and I can't remember who, was hilarious. Meyers just couldn't control the puck for the life of him and the puck was stuck between his feet the entire time he was skating down the ice hahaha.

The dude has no NHL hands whatsoever.
That was killing me. First he battles the boards for the puck then he fumbles it on his own into his feet before not doing anything with the puck as Seattle recovered.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
It's too bad Foudy is out with a LBI, as I honestly believe he could give us more than Newhook and Meyers right now. The guy has speed and a willingness to go to the net. Had some decent hands on him too. I think next year he will be on the team as the Avs are gonna need to look to cut salary and incorporate some ELCs. Maybe Foudy up front and Malinski on D as the #6.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Nuke is a Russian national, right?

My fear is that it has something to do with Ukraine.
I think it’s concussions.

It's too bad Foudy is out with a LBI, as I honestly believe he could give us more than Newhook and Meyers right now. The guy has speed and a willingness to go to the net. Had some decent hands on him too. I think next year he will be on the team as the Avs are gonna need to look to cut salary and incorporate some ELCs. Maybe Foudy up front and Malinski on D asthe #6.
Hopefully this year and injuries is a fluke with him

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I’m tired of hearing about the officiating. Edmonton/Toronto fans have used up all the worlds tears. That means there will be NO MORE for avs fans in our threads. Sorry to the avs fans that like to bitch about it.

Attachments

• BF7BD3B3-745B-45F5-8D4D-D440D265991A.png
    BF7BD3B3-745B-45F5-8D4D-D440D265991A.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 1

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
It always amazes me how Rantanen can look like complete garbage the entire game and somehow end up with 3 points.
He got smoked for that 2nd goal, and I turned to my wife and said, "He's scoring for sure now." He always seems to find a way to get his mistakes back.

He really did play pretty well last night outside that instance of getting caught cheating, even before he found the score sheet. He needs to stay with Compher and drive the line, he's deferring too much to Mack right now.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Nuke had concussions?
Bednar expressly ruled out anything physical.

It's either a family thing (in which case it's none of our business) or it's some effed up deal having to do with Russia/Ukraine/family/threats . . . we just don't know.

Reactions: the_fan

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
stiil pissed at that play whereby the kracken player busted his stick in half on Cale's shoulder/chest
that action deserves a complete beat down in any rational reality
the crap these guys are pulling and getting away with is infuriating!
like someone stated there is no " next level " to seattle so this is their strategy
it's no wonder some Avs are afraid to play the puck any where near the boards
a message must be sent to anyone intending to injure
having said that I would definitely punch gourde/tanev straight into next week if I could

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
He got smoked for that 2nd goal, and I turned to my wife and said, "He's scoring for sure now." He always seems to find a way to get his mistakes back.

He really did play pretty well last night outside that instance of getting caught cheating, even before he found the score sheet. He needs to stay with Compher and drive the line, he's deferring too much to Mack right now
We need to see the “Mack is hurt and I have to carry this team” Mikko Rantanen

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad