GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
He made a dumb play, and he's made a lot of dumb plays all season. He's a great player, but he makes a lot of bad decisions. It's fine to criticize people.
Everyone in the team makes occasional dumb play. MacK makes 10 X more dumb plays than Rantanen does and MacK only gets appraise, while Rantanen is the play-driver making the other players better, when he is in the moose got loose mode. And he only gets shit in this board.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Everyone in the team makes occasional dumb play. MacK makes 10 X more dumb plays than Rantanen does and MacK only gets appraise, while Rantanen is the play-driver making the other players better, when he is in the moose got loose mode. And he only gets shit in this board.
Did you miss the first 2 months of the season? Mack got plenty of criticism.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Yea, just from this I get the feeling you just use the search function to search for Rantanen praise. MacKinnon has received plenty of criticism, particularly for his button hook or for his tendency to try to power his way through traffic to give the puck away.

Really, the two guys that receive the least criticism are Toews and Makar, but they are also two of our more consistent players in terms of making the right decision, and two of the higher hockey IQ guys on this team.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This is bad.... The team can NOT let Nathan see Gabe drinking soda

That's diet soda though. No sugar, just aspartame. Only conspiracy theorists hate aspartame.

Anyway, Landy didn't actually drink it. He spat it out a few seconds after the camera turned off. I know he appeared to be talking after drinking, but Landy can talk while maintaining soda in his mouth. One of his many talents.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrickNHL

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Every team will take runs at Girard. He is a very easy target and got rocked multiple times yesterday. It's going to be a problem if G can't avoid the hits.
G laid a nice one himself. I thought it was pretty funny seeing Josi grab the smallest guy in the scrum at the end of the 2nd. Coward.

Also, I think my favorite part of the game was how incredulous Borowiecki was on the bench after he kicked the puck in.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Pretty shocked to see anyone say anyone had a bad game or was 'meh'. Compher and Bura probably played their best hockey all season. I've been a Darren Helm hater but the guy has proved me wrong in the end of the season and last night. The G-Manson pairing was the best it's been. Kadri looked a little off but he's been sick the last couple of days.

I hope no one is seriously evaluating how this team performed in periods 2-3. They were up 5-0 and clearly began to coast again to get through the game. What you want to see is what your team looks like when something is on the line, like when the score is 0-0 or when they are up against elimination - that's when the 'real' team emerges. And everyone was flying that 1st period

Reactions: bromando

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
That's diet soda though. No sugar, just aspartame. Only conspiracy theorists hate aspartame.

Anyway, Makar didn't actually drink it. He spat it out a few seconds after the camera turned off. I know he appeared to be talking after drinking, but Makar can talk while maintaining soda in his mouth. One of his many talents.
I'm not sure you know which one Makar is. :sarcasm:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
As for Kadri, it's going to be a long playoffs every single game that's going to be the standard. Try goad him into something stupid every player knows that if Kadri as much as looks at them the wrong way he'll be kicked from the playoffs. And that will be the other teams goal.
Kadri's past follows him around. The announcers pointed out the coaching staff had informed Kadri that he needs to be in the line up. So that means ignoring the Preds' attempt to goad him into an altercation.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Yea, just from this I get the feeling you just use the search function to search for Rantanen praise. MacKinnon has received plenty of criticism, particularly for his button hook or for his tendency to try to power his way through traffic to give the puck away.

Really, the two guys that receive the least criticism are Toews and Makar, but they are also two of our more consistent players in terms of making the right decision, and two of the higher hockey IQ guys on this team.
Skill, skating and high hockey IQ. Deadly combination.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
It's always possible that Weekes was just talking without knowing for sure, but I'll say this--his work at the Trade Deadline this year was quite good. He was breaking shit left & right. He might have some inside info, especially as it pertains to goalies.

Yeah, the way he broke trades this year was awesome. The way people photoshopped him in the most random places was even better. He clearly has some good sources throughout the league last year and especially this year. I just wonder if he has heard rumblings and let it slip or simply guessing.

Reactions: drhiii

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

Anyway, Landy didn't actually drink it. He spat it out a few seconds after the camera turned off. I know he appeared to be talking after drinking, but Landy can talk while maintaining soda in his mouth. One of his many talents.
I’m a diehard diet soda fan, Cale is the only thing in life I Love more

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I’m a diehard diet soda fan, Cale is the only thing in life I Love more

You need to try this.

1651690431503.png

Its the diet version of their new flavor. I don't know why it's called starlight...but that adds to the mystery.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
As for the first Duchene goal, super lucky. Weak as shit cross check after they injured two players with cross checks with no calls the refs have the audacity to call Byram for a light shove. Then proceed to follow it up by not calling an obvious slash. So I take that one as a pity goal the refs gifted them. I could give 2 shits about him scoring twice in a 7-2 loss. Classic Duchene, meaningless stats. I mean could he cherry pick harder in a 7-1 game on his 2nd goal? Played no defense, hovered around center looking for a breakaway, got lucky that we turned it over. Classic care about my stats, more than trying to play the right way.

As for Kadri, it's going to be a long playoffs every single game that's going to be the standard. Try goad him into something stupid every player knows that if Kadri as much as looks at them the wrong way he'll be kicked from the playoffs. And that will be the other teams goal.

I was just reading that article on NHL.com and I wonder if Duchene's quote might rub his teammates the wrong way? Maybe I'm interpreting some things but it totally sounds like he's got the attitude "if you had played great (like I did with my 2 goals) then maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have lost?"...

Geez, just say 'we need to be better' and shut-up about the rest. You got the puck on your stick with the net empty on a broken play and a breakaway goal when the game was already out of reach.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pretty shocked to see anyone say anyone had a bad game or was 'meh'. Compher and Bura probably played their best hockey all season. I've been a Darren Helm hater but the guy has proved me wrong in the end of the season and last night. The G-Manson pairing was the best it's been. Kadri looked a little off but he's been sick the last couple of days.

I hope no one is seriously evaluating how this team performed in periods 2-3. They were up 5-0 and clearly began to coast again to get through the game. What you want to see is what your team looks like when something is on the line, like when the score is 0-0 or when they are up against elimination - that's when the 'real' team emerges. And everyone was flying that 1st period
If Compher and Bura are meh thats a good thing.

Add this to the 2021-22 boner jamz collection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad