GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I still think its far more important that you go and get the 2-0 lead on home ice, rather then using a roster spot on MacDermid. He does his job on the ice but no question he is the worst player on this team and will make us worse being on the ice.

IMO that 1st game still wasn't anything out of the ordinary or extra dirty then what you'd expect in a playoff game. I also think there's nobody on the Preds roster that's a true "tough guy" like a Reaves, Deslauriers, Lucic, or MacDermid, that you want MacD to be in the lineup for in case those other guys get out of hand.

Like I dont think there's anybody on the Preds roster that's a heavyweight and outside of Mansons league for example.

Go get the 2-0 series lead, and then if the rough stuff picks up more in game 2, maybe you use MacDermid in game 3 in Nashville.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is why I wanted Dallas in the 1st round. The difference would have been a 7-0 game but no one injured against Dallas because they can't score and they're not as physical

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Wow what a night. JB ended the evening by saying it's not about the ego, it's about winning. What a statement not only on the ice by the team but by its coach. LFG

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
This is why I wanted Dallas in the 1st round. The difference would have been a 7-0 game but no one injured against Dallas because they can't score and they're not as physical
They're not as physical, but Nashville is a lot like st. Louis last year. There's some scrums, but nothing extra than what you'd expect. Dallas on the other hand, you know there'd be injuries after every game. Especially if they get rolled.

Reactions: Reparlana

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I still think its far more important that you go and get the 2-0 lead on home ice, rather then using a roster spot on MacDermid. He does his job on the ice but no question he is the worst player on this team and will make us worse being on the ice.

IMO that 1st game still wasn't anything out of the ordinary or extra dirty then what you'd expect in a playoff game. I also think there's nobody on the Preds roster that's a true "tough guy" like a Reaves, Deslauriers, Lucic, or MacDermid, that you want MacD to be in the lineup for in case those other guys get out of hand.

Like I dont think there's anybody on the Preds roster that's a heavyweight and outside of Mansons league for example.

Go get the 2-0 series lead, and then if the rough stuff picks up more in game 2, maybe you use MacDermid in game 3 in Nashville.

It makes me so happy that we have options like this now. Back in the Duchene era we'd have MacDermid stapled to the blue line instead of being our sideboard forward.

Reactions: Reparlana

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I was told teams don't flip a switch and play better in the playoffs, despite it happening many times.

It was very obvious the Avs were coasting and just trying to stay healthy for a while now.

As i said for the last 2 weeks..... I really hope some of our nervous cinderellas in here (meant to be funny guys, so don´t take it too serious ;)) are calmed down again.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Solid win, but I am not celebrating or smiling. We murdered Vegas last year in game one and still lost the series. Scoring forty or scoring one, a win is just one win and we still Mission 15W left. A big part I thought was zero saves from Rittich to get some momentum for the Preds. Every big moment, he allowed a goal and that's bad news for Nashville because I am not sure Ingram is the answer either. I do like Rittich though so it was sad to see, I do wish him the best, but not this year. Plus him getting owned by his own net was hilarious lol.

- Manson was absolutely amazing, that's the player who we traded Helleson+2nd for. Just a striaght up beaut.

- Toews I thought were responsible for both Duchene goals, first one was an unfortunate bounce, but the second one he needs to do better there. No reason to not pay attention to defence when the game is 6-1 at that point.

- Compher I thought played like a brilliant third line centre would. I am not sure it will last, but I wanted to give him credit.

- Girard had a rough one, hopefully he's fine.

- Rantanen was meh I thought considering where I think he needs to be for this team to go far. Missing the net on that brilliant two-on-one with MacKinnon is unacceptable at this time of year.

- Hopefully Cogs is good and they held him out due to the score being lopsided. On replay it didn't look dangerous or anything like that compared to Sturm's ulnar nerve getting crosschequed.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Gonna need a new chart
Sorry for the delay....

Screenshot 2022-05-03 225049.jpg

Reactions: Snow Arc and Avsboy

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It was 5-0 at the end of the first. It was 3-0 before MacDermid would have even got his first shift of the game.

In my opinion you can sacrifice someone like Cogliano to get MacDermid in. He doesn’t stop the in game hits and cross checks like Benning, but he would absolutely own the after the whistle stuff.

A game like last night and MacDermid easily could have played 12 minutes.

Guys like Olivier, Jeannot, and Borowiecki wanting to skate around like they are looking for a fight will either get a very willing partner, or MacDermid can follow them back to the bench laughing at them. When Nashville sees their toughest players going to hide on the bench, it definitely breaks the bravado they play with.

It will be the same story next game. To start, Nashville will try and “focus on hockey,” but will be out of the game early and resort back to their tough guy routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad