Euro: R16: Croatia vs. Portugal, 6/25/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Still can't believe they dropped Kalinic. He didn't play well when he came on, but by that point Croatia had lost any potential advantage of playing him.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hate to say this but completely expected, Croatia NEVER show up in these games, they played scared. I'm not even that angry compared to eight years ago because they didn't even have shot on target ffs

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
This is truly depressing for all Croatins. We were better team whole match. Portugal tactis is disgrace. I wonder what will Ronaldo say now ?He blame Iceland for playing defence?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This is truly depressing for all Croatins. We were better team whole match. Portugal tactis is disgrace. I wonder what will Ronaldo say now ?He blame Iceland for playing defence?

You were better. But you weren't good enough to have really deserved the win. Neither team earned progression today. You're crap attacking structure would be what I would be most concerned with where I a Croatia fan.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

They were not a lot better. They made the play but didn't get anything from that. You should have some good chances when you play a turtling team.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He has been horrible today, playing very very conservative. Dont blame him as he probably was following coach orders and likely semi—injured.

He wasn't overly conservative. He just didn't have good forward passing options most of the match. He still did very well to find more advanced players given how Croatia were structured, and he moved up field to combine with those more advanced players too.

Low standards yes.
6 months of goals and you're saying it's a testimony of creative football? 46 goals in 19 games is suddenly is proof of the existence of creative football?
Seriously?

Watching their domestic matches provided plenty of evidence of creative football. Scoring over 2 goals per game shows that they convert that creativity into goals at a very high rate. What exactly are you expecting?

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
They were not a lot better. They made the play but didn't get anything from that. You should have some good chances when you play a turtling team.

Oh, really? More shoots,bigger possession, more chances. Persic hit post one minute before goal.Vida few chances.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I saw one team parking a bus and a second team doing nothing to open it up but hoping that they'd let you catch them on the break.

correct.

It was like bth teams playing for a draw..:help:

In a knockout stage??..IMO these 2 teams disgraced the game with that performance..

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Undeserved win but only in the sense that both teams were equally terrible and it should have gone to penalties. Don't know what the Croatian fans ITT are on about acting hard done by, you had zero shots on target and didn't even threaten to score until the last minutes of extra-time. Croatia were hardly more ambitious with their play, they had more of the ball because they have better midfielders but that's it.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Oh, really? More shoots,bigger possession, more chances. Persic hit post one minute before goal.Vida few chances.

Yes really. How many shots were on target and a safe? Not all too many. One chance a minute before. That's crap considering they attacked all game. It seemed their tactic was to counter the Portuguese counter.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
What a garbage game. Boring as ****. 1 shot on goal between two teams in 120 minutes. Hilarious. Can't say either deserved advancing.

Technically 2 shots on goal, right (both on the same play)? Still, a really boring match apart from the last five minutes or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad