Euro: R16: Croatia vs. Portugal, 6/25/2016

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pjaca is electric.

Bummed he's going to FC VW, but happy to get to watch him in the BuLi. He's already more creative than Schurrle has been since he stopped playing for Mainz.

I'm curious. What's your beef with Leverkusen?

-Extremely vulturistic youth policies; they tap up a lot of kids before they sign their first professional contracts with the clubs who's academies produced them.
-Corporate club
-Crap fanbase/live-atmosphere
-Dissappointingly unambitious style of play given all of that talent they've hoarded through the years; which has lead to some of that exciting young talent stagnating as counter-players instead of learning to create with the ball.
-A tradition of rolling over when facing big-name clubs in europe...though they've improved on this under Schmidt; somewhat.
-And as Gladbach has become my favorite first league club over the past 5 years, Leverkusen have been a constant irritant; pushing them out of a CL spot in one season, which cost them the opportunity to buy Lacazette before his big breakout season, swooping in with their bigger funds to snipe targets of theirs (Mehmedi last year, Volland this one).

I don't really hate them. I hate Berliner FC Dynamo; but Leverkusen are easily the most unlikeable club in the top flight for me.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I post in Liga games just as much as on EPL games.

Roma playing creative football... Low standards I guess.

They scored 3 or more goals in 11 out of 17 domestic matches after they lost to Juventus on January 24. Not a low standard at all.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Portugal/Poland will be a much better game than this given that neither team will think they should have to bunker down. Croatia/Poland would've been awful.

You don't put a shot on target all game and it's always possible that's going to happen.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Bummed he's going to FC VW, but happy to get to watch him in the BuLi. He's already more creative than Schurrle has been since he stopped playing for Mainz.

-Extremely vulturistic youth policies; they tap up a lot of kids before they sign their first professional contracts with the clubs who's academies produced them.
-Corporate club
-Crap fanbase/live-atmosphere
-Dissappointingly unambitious style of play given all of that talent they've hoarded through the years; which has lead to some of that exciting young talent stagnating as counter-players instead of learning to create with the ball.
-A tradition of rolling over when facing big-name clubs in europe...though they've improved on this under Schmidt; somewhat.
-And as Gladbach has become my favorite first league club over the past 5 years, Leverkusen have been a constant irritant; pushing them out of a CL spot in one season, which cost them the opportunity to buy Lacazette before his big breakout season, swooping in with their bigger funds to snipe targets of theirs (Mehmedi last year, Volland this one).

I don't really hate them. I hate Berliner FC Dynamo; but Leverkusen are easily the most unlikeable club in the top flight for me.
I can't really contradict a lot of that. They will always be Vizekusen to me.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Croatian's poor attacking structure is just as much to blame as the ref or shoddy defending in the end. A team with so many skilled & clever midfielders can not be held shotless by any team. They only really threatened when they caught portugal out of shape, and you can not let that happen when you have Perisic and Pjaca coming off the wings, and the likes of Modric, Rakitic, Kovacec, Coric, and Brozovic to flow through.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They scored 3 or more goals in 11 out of 17 domestic matches after they lost to Juventus on January 24. Not a low standard at all.

Low standards yes.
6 months of goals and you're saying it's a testimony of creative football? 46 goals in 19 games is suddenly is proof of the existence of creative football?
Seriously?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad