Confirmed with Link: Räsänen coming over

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The Marlies look like they will going with really young defence next year.
Sandin and Liljegren, Rasanen, maybe Gordeev and Greenway.
Hoping Rasanen signs....time for him and Leafs to see if has NHL potential. Same with Korshov...it's make for break time for that 23 year old.

Not a good Canadian boy in sight, Cherry might pop his clogs at the sight of that D core

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
not all that optimistic about him, but feel a lot more comfortable with him more directly in the leafs development system then with an external team.

Even if he can become a decent #7/6 guy it’s better than nothing

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
The Marlies look like they will going with really young defence next year.
Sandin and Liljegren, Rasanen, maybe Gordeev and Greenway.
Hoping Rasanen signs....time for him and Leafs to see if has NHL potential. Same with Korshov...it's make for break time for that 23 year old.
I think Sandin will make the leafs by next year. Liljegren probably not but he has a chance.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
No idea if it is him or not. But Babs is apparently fuming with our defense. He is not a happy camper right now.
Babs has to also look in the mirror. We added Muzzin who is a solid #2 who was the king's best dmen this year (over dd) Rielly who is a solid top paring guy, Gardiner who's a top 4, Dermott who's a potential top 4, he ruined zaitsev by trying to run him threw the ringer like he did Rielly, hainsey, orz are Deph guys.

Babcock is basically saying what everyone has been about him for years now and that's he can't win unless he has a stack team (Team Canada, Detroit in prime)

He already has A grade forwards and A grade goaltending. Figure it out.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Hes our Tyler Myers. OHL numbers were real good but KHL no so much. Curious to see how he does..hes huge 6foot7 210lbs. Anyone know how his skating is? If I recall he has a wicked slapper

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Not a good Canadian boy in sight, Cherry might pop his clogs at the sight of that D core

You're right. I'm glad Cherry will have a reason for the Leafs failing....too many foreigners instead of too many not good enough Dmen.
Gordeev moved to Canada/Toronto when he was six....so we'll call him a Canadian. And Greenway is from New York state. We'll call him a southern Canadian.
Strange that many criticize William Nylander for playing "too Swedish.", despite the fact he was born Calgary and the majority of childhood playing hockey and living in North America.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Aaltonen came over and buggered off again to the KHL again

I've got serious doubts he's coming back over
I think he'll come back. There are some openings on the squad for next season. Brown and Ennis are almost certainly gone and the depth is depleted.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
______-Kadri-Kapanen
Moore-Gauthier______

That leaves spots open to:

Jeremy Bracco
Nic Petan
Korshkov
Aaltonen
Timashov

And one or two free agent signings. Now will be Aaltonen's best chance to make the squad and have a chance to win.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
He is signed for another year in the KHL I believe so this would be just him coming over to skate with the Marlies etc to see where he is.

It is a good thing he signed in the KHL as it extended our rights for him until 2021. Big D man who likes to hit with lots of upside.
The news here in Finland said his contract in KHL has been terminated.

Reactions: diceman934

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Blame Babcock all you want. This is a joint management blunder. This D has needed an upgrade for 2 years now. Hainsey is not an upgrade, Polak was not an upgrade. Yes Zaitsev contract wise is a disaster (Cherry called that one) So you have Reilly, Muzzin and Dermott, which actually is a very good start. I still think for next year they have to address the RD urgently. A physical presence in the Muzzin mold. Brett Pesce fits that mold. Move Nylander to make this happen. (Nylander is and has been a disaster) That is a pretty solid top 4.
Zaitsev becomes a servicable 5/6 that can skate, kill penalties and maybe even shelter Sandin next year.

Reactions: dsred

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think this kid is going to be very good and be one of the dark horses outside of Sandin and Llijegren that will make the Leafs D elite really soon. I think due to his size and offensive ability he would be the perfect partner for Reilly or Dermott

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Aaltonen isn’t any good in this league. It didn’t work. We have a cheap, effective 4C, and we have Trevor Moore and Petan signed who can play the wing.

The guy’s tailor made to play in the KHL. Leave him there.

Reactions: FreeBird

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He is signed for another year in the KHL I believe so this would be just him coming over to skate with the Marlies etc to see where he is.

It is a good thing he signed in the KHL as it extended our rights for him until 2021. Big D man who likes to hit with lots of upside.
6'7" all day :wave:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad