Confirmed with Link: Räsänen coming over

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This guy ruined his stock going to the KHL.

It was a tough year for development

However, he went home mainly because he was homesick, and not in a great spot mentally.

If this year has put him in a better head space, to where he can now focus on hockey, it could go a long way.

He just turned 20, we need to remember that.

That being said. He needs to come into the Marlies and impress.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think we will see tomorrow at optional skate at MC if there are a couple extra d men on the ice assuming they are signed by then. and then what does Babs think? I have no idea what promises were made. and I will double check with another dad on team to see if it is same story.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I read that just a while ago. That makes even more sense that he is coming here now. Kid is s giant hope we can develop him to be an NHL player big guys like him take longer to develop as seen by many examples in the NHL
Lilly would make sense. Right shot and can move or skate the puck up ice. Marincin is a large pylon and can not do either of these two things.

Reactions: Notsince67

horner

May 22, 2007
not all that optimistic about him, but feel a lot more comfortable with him more directly in the leafs development system then with an external team.

Even if he can become a decent #7/6 guy it’s better than nothing

I dont think they would waste there time on him if they thought he was crap.

Reactions: Menzinger

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I read that just a while ago. That makes even more sense that he is coming here now. Kid is s giant hope we can develop him to be an NHL player big guys like him take longer to develop as seen by many examples in the NHL

Any opinions on his skating?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Blame Babcock all you want. This is a joint management blunder. This D has needed an upgrade for 2 years now. Hainsey is not an upgrade, Polak was not an upgrade. Yes Zaitsev contract wise is a disaster (Cherry called that one) So you have Reilly, Muzzin and Dermott, which actually is a very good start. I still think for next year they have to address the RD urgently. A physical presence in the Muzzin mold. Brett Pesce fits that mold. Move Nylander to make this happen. (Nylander is and has been a disaster) That is a pretty solid top 4.
Zaitsev becomes a servicable 5/6 that can skate, kill penalties and maybe even shelter Sandin next year.

I'm thinking the Canes aren't going to want to move Pesce at all, at least for a while. Getting Nino really helped fill a need in the top 6 so that trading a D for F isn't as pressing as it once was for Carolina.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Any opinions on his skating?

As I posted in the Prospects thread, Jokerit fans have said that he looked slow and clumsy and poor with the puck. I think he only played once vs a top team in KHL and they said he was more or less a pylon on the ice and far from a KHL level player.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I like it when people present rumours, I used to have world class contacts within the Leafs. Now, somewhat. And I am not that interested in them as much as when I could meet and do business and party with the players and GM myself.

Best rumours are getting it direct from Dubas or the coach or the players, I used to have all that.

This rumour? Well, I give it a small chance of being real. Rasanen is nowhere near ready for the NHL.

Unless they are doing this to scare a bunch of very soft players into being tougher, which rarely works, this is probably b.s.

I know Babcock is a bit of a weird guy, but is he this weird? I give it a ten percent chance.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have patience!

Time is relative to how much time you've acquired.
There are no clips showing him defending against the rush as his transition skating would give me good insight as to his feet. His forward skating is fine. Looking at some OHL highlights of his he looks to have an ability to get the puck to the net and has a good one timer. His foot work on getting away the one timer is ok.
I suspect after watching just the highlights that his technique needs lots of work and he will get that here. He was listed st 6’5” before his draft and at 6’7” after the draft meaning that he was still growing until at least last summer.

I will look for some evidence of his transition skating and hope that his feet are at least average. With his wing spand alone he has a leg up on most defenders. Looks like a longer term project but may be worth it if he works hard on his skating technique.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I like it when people present rumours, I used to have world class contacts within the Leafs. Now, somewhat. And I am not that interested in them as much as when I could meet and do business and party with the players and GM myself.

Best rumours are getting it direct from Dubas or the coach or the players, I used to have all that.

This rumour? Well, I give it a small chance of being real. Rasanen is nowhere near ready for the NHL.

Unless they are doing this to scare a bunch of very soft players into being tougher, which rarely works, this is probably b.s.

I know Babcock is a bit of a weird guy, but is he this weird? I give it a ten percent chance.
I'd bet my house your platinum source was the popcorn vendor. That's how you read.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
I'm thinking the Canes aren't going to want to move Pesce at all, at least for a while. Getting Nino really helped fill a need in the top 6 so that trading a D for F isn't as pressing as it once was for Carolina.
You are probably correct on that. That ship may have sailed. Meanwhile the Nylander stock keeps plummeting.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Willy is fine. Until last game he has been getting shafted by Babs. In fact he is one of 3 guys who can control the puck and skate with it. I think after watching him past month (after he got into his game shape) I would not do that trade either. We do not have enough guys who can carry the puck right now.

member 262271

As I posted in the Prospects thread, Jokerit fans have said that he looked slow and clumsy and poor with the puck. I think he only played once vs a top team in KHL and they said he was more or less a pylon on the ice and far from a KHL level player.
Great avatar!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not a chance in hell Rasanen will play a single NHL min this year. Liljegren and Sandin are both ahead of him and earned a recall should an untried prospect be in the cards
Big D men usually aren't good enough for the NHL either, and Rasanen hasn't earned an AHL deal either.
Small over size is the way to go. Babcock needs to get out of the old dino mentality.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Big D men usually aren't good enough for the NHL either, and Rasanen hasn't earned an AHL deal either.
Small over size is the way to go. Babcock needs to get out of the old dino mentality.
What kinda of stupid talk is this. The best defenders in game are all big and nasty. Hedman 6ft6 Burns 6ft5 Jones 6ft4 Chara 6ft9. We have none of them. It is sole reason why we are gonna have a hard time getting by Boston. We have the best forwards in NHL and we have a top 5 goalie. We are only missing 1 freakin piece.

Reactions: Kuola

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad