Confirmed with Link: Räsänen coming over

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I wonder if Rasanen will be allowed to use an illegally long stick, like Chara? It really is an unfair advantage.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm thinking the Canes aren't going to want to move Pesce at all, at least for a while. Getting Nino really helped fill a need in the top 6 so that trading a D for F isn't as pressing as it once was for Carolina.

I still think it is.

You've got Hamilton, Faulk and Pesce.....

So is that good enough that you going to let Adam Fox walk to UFA?

If so, Toronto gladly signs him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still think it is.

You've got Hamilton, Faulk and Pesce.....

If I had to guess, I think they'll likely move Faulk this off season and the return might be futures (vs. a Pesce for forward deal). He'll have 1 year left on his deal and if the kept him, they risk losing him for nothing as he will likely command more than the Canes would be willing to pay (given they have Pesce, Hamilton and potentially Fox). If they move Pesce and then Faulk walks, they could put themselves in a difficult situation.

So is that good enough that you going to let Adam Fox walk to UFA?

Don't need to move Pesce (or Hamilton) for a F to make room for Fox though. Like I said, they'll probably move Faulk (or TVR) if I had to guess and they'll make room.

If so, Toronto gladly signs him.

Maybe. If Canes don't sign him this off-season, he's not a UFA until August 2020 so the Leafs will have to wait. Also, if the Canes don't sign him, I'd bet on the Rangers.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What kinda of stupid talk is this. The best defenders in game are all big and nasty. Hedman 6ft6 Burns 6ft5 Jones 6ft4 Chara 6ft9. We have none of them. It is sole reason why we are gonna have a hard time getting by Boston. We have the best forwards in NHL and we have a top 5 goalie. We are only missing 1 freakin piece.
It's true but you can believe what you want. Karlsson is small, Burns is an offensive skilled defenceman.
Tampa dominated Boston with skill. The Bruins proved when you have height, the team will go nowhere in the playoffs.
Skilled team ran circles around a height team.

Reactions: Menzinger

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It's true but you can believe what you want. Karlsson is small, Burns is an offensive skilled defenceman.
Tampa dominated Boston with skill. The Bruins proved when you have height, the team will go nowhere in the playoffs.
Go watch games 1 - 3 over again. The Bruins did everything in their power to forecheck Tampa. But they were not strong enough to knock them over and retrieve pucks. Then they gave up once they realized they did not have the personnel to make their system work against Tampa.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If I had to guess, I think they'll likely move Faulk this off season and the return might be futures (vs. a Pesce for forward deal). He'll have 1 year left on his deal and if the kept him, they risk losing him for nothing as he will likely command more than the Canes would be willing to pay (given they have Pesce, Hamilton and potentially Fox). If they move Pesce and then Faulk walks, they could put themselves in a difficult situation.

Don't need to move Pesce (or Hamilton) for a F to make room for Fox though. Like I said, they'll probably move Faulk (or TVR) if I had to guess and they'll make room.

Maybe. If Canes don't sign him this off-season, he's not a UFA until August 2020 so the Leafs will have to wait. Also, if the Canes don't sign him, I'd bet on the Rangers.

Thanks for the response. I don't know to what degree Dubas has interest in Faulk. I appreciate that he's been better this year, but he's still not the "ideal" guy we would want... but the cost would be less, and he'd still be the best RHD the Leafs would have.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thanks for the response. I don't know to what degree Dubas has interest in Faulk. I appreciate that he's been better this year, but he's still not the "ideal" guy we would want... but the cost would be less, and he'd still be the best RHD the Leafs would have.

Agree. Don't think Faulk would be ideal.

Reactions: Fogelhund

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006

Don't forget "all things being equal..." (Skill + size XL)>>(skill + size M). This may be 2019 but it is still a man's league.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Big Lad 6'7" 226 lbs RHD and he's had some experience in KHL, I wonder if they give him a shot on the Leafs.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
It will be interesting to see how our defensive depth evolves going into next year. We currently have:

Left side
Rielly
Muzzin
Gardiner (presumably out)
Dermott
Rosen
Marincin
Borgman
Sandin

Right side
Hainsey (resigned?)
Zaitsev
Ozhiganov (resign)
Holl
Liljegren
Duszak
Loverde
Hollowell
Lindgren
Rasanen

I bet Dubas will use some of these assets plus a few up front to bolster the right side. But its good to see internal competition for the right side, whether thats in the minors or not, it should eventually translate into NHL success.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It will be interesting to see how our defensive depth evolves going into next year. We currently have:

Left side
Rielly
Muzzin
Dermott
Rosen
Marincin
Borgman
Sandin

Right side
Hainsey (resigned?)
Zaitsev
Ozhiganov (resign)
Holl
Liljegren
Duszak
Loverde
Hollowell
Lindgren
Rasanen

I bet Dubas will use some of these assets plus a few up front to bolster the right side. But its good to see internal competition for the right side, whether thats in the minors or not, it should eventually translate into NHL success.

I think we might see Hainsey re-signed. Gardiner is gone. Zaitsev likely moved.

After that, its a bunch of question marks, definitive AHL dmen, and kids (aside from Rielly, Muzz, Dermott)

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Left side
Rielly
Muzzin
Dermott
Rosen
Marincin
Borgman
Sandin

Right side
Hainsey (resigned?)
Zaitsev
Ozhiganov (resign)
Holl
Liljegren
Duszak
Loverde
Hollowell
Lindgren
Rasanen

I see the right side going into next year with Liljegren and Holl on the roster.

Hollowell, Duszak, Rasanen, Lindgren on the Marlies with maybe a guy like Olesky sticking around.

Then hopefully we trade Z, and upgrade on his spot. Let Hainsey and Oz go.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
its just good that we get him with our developmental dep. we can pin point the things he needs to work on going forward. guage him as a professional and put the work in front of him that he needs to do to garner a contract after the draft. im really excited to have both korshk and him over. our staff has done wonders with guys lately. so as long as the work ethic is here they should be on their way. ras has got a couple scandanavian brothers to help with the transition as korshk has Russian brethren to help with the adjustment

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
When is the timetable for his first game?
I saw somewhere on Twitter that he may be playing tomorrow. With all the Marlies injuries it makes sense.
He was in the KHL but got so little playing time, I'd love to see him used in back to back situations for the rest of the year. If he is making good progress on the smaller ice, he may be a big help in the playoffs when the games get tighter and choppier. His last year of junior and when he was in rookie camp he always showed a clean mean streak which could mean another dimension on the back end.

Perfect scenario for me is he just work with Barb every day on his edge work and explosiveness, plays a game or two a week, and take advantage of our phenomenal development staff over the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad