Confirmed with Link: Räsänen coming over

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Now just need to wait on Korshkov to officially come over, and to bring Aaltonen along with him.

Aaltonen should challenge for an NHL job.

Reactions: taurine330

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Tie him to barb Undehill until next preseason. Lrt him play every other or 3rd game. Get his confidence up, and work on building at hos weaknesses

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Aaltonen came over and buggered off again to the KHL again

I've got serious doubts he's coming back over

Why? He wants an NHL job. He can have one next year. Just needs to beat Petan really. Brown and Ennis leaving opens up two spots for him, Moore, Petan and maybe some Marlies. The loser of the group can be the 13th forward.

For now, would he scoff at some extra hockey with the Marlies and a chance to repeat? I think he'd be down, unless he wants some time at home.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Why? He wants an NHL job. He can have one next year. Just needs to beat Petan really. Brown and Ennis leaving opens up two spots for him, Moore, Petan and maybe some Marlies. The loser of the group can be the 13th forward.

For now, would he scoff at some extra hockey with the Marlies and a chance to repeat? I think he'd be down, unless he wants some time at home.

Because he's already come over once and couldn't make the team in front of a bunch of 4th line plugs

I don't see why after coming over for a full year and not making the NHL in front of that type of 4th line competition he's going to think it's going to change next season

May as well stay in the KHL, get well payed and play for the top team every night instead

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Could see some of these guys shipped to the Growlers if they sign ATO's or PTO's. They could use a D-man or two for the playoffs.

The Marlies D is as thin as ours but when healthy you already have Liljegren,Loverde,Olesky,Subban,Corrado on the right side.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Rasanen will get his ELC. He would've earned it had he been in the OHL and he was meh in the KHL in limited time. He will be playing this year out on an ATO most likely and be playing on an ELC next year, same with Korshkov

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The Marlies look like they will going with really young defence next year.
Sandin and Liljegren, Rasanen, maybe Gordeev and Greenway.
Hoping Rasanen signs....time for him and Leafs to see if has NHL potential. Same with Korshov...it's make for break time for that 23 year old.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

I think if he still wanted an NHL job, he'd be here. The 4th line center position was wiiide open in training camp

Reactions: Cams

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Wasn't there a guy on here that had some harsh words for this guy.... made it seem like he personally couldn't take being away from home and was a waste of pick/development.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Aaltonen came over and buggered off again to the KHL again

I've got serious doubts he's coming back over

If Lindholm made the team and Aaltonen didn't last year...how bad must he be ? I mean Lindholm went to the Connor Brown school of invisibility and graduated with Honors and still made the team. I suspect Aaltonen was even worse not to make it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Rasanen had a rough time in the KHL. Injured or consistently healthy scratched or playing lower end minutes.

With him and Korshkov in the fold, I hope the development program can help them better than the KHL did.

I hope they can sign back Aaltonen as well.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Rasanen will get his ELC. He would've earned it had he been in the OHL and he was meh in the KHL in limited time. He will be playing this year out on an ATO most likely and be playing on an ELC next year, same with Korshkov
He is signed for another year in the KHL I believe so this would be just him coming over to skate with the Marlies etc to see where he is.

It is a good thing he signed in the KHL as it extended our rights for him until 2021. Big D man who likes to hit with lots of upside.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If nothing more another RHD prospect that we can hopefully develop better in the AHL. Still young and a big boy.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
He is signed for another year in the KHL I believe so this would be just him coming over to skate with the Marlies etc to see where he is.

It is a good thing he signed in the KHL as it extended our rights for him until 2021. Big D man who likes to hit with lots of upside.
His contract was terminated

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Living in toronto and playing for a top notch minor system will ensure he sticks around for a couple of years. IIRC the leafs will also assist in bringing over a few family members to make his stay a bit more enjoyable.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
he better stay this time.

He's already harmed his development significantly by wasting this season.

Hopefully it's just an immaturity thing. You know young guys, especially hockey guys with ego's. They think they know better. Maybe now that he saw what happened, and has watched the Marlies develop pro after pro, he will STFU and do as they ask.

I know home sickness played into the decision but still.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I heard a rumour from a decent source at Leafs game last night that Babs was bringing in a big D and that he would skate with some Leaf players today and/or Thursday on the off days to see if he could help now. We will see if it turns out to be true.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard a rumour from a decent source at Leafs game last night that Babs was bringing in a big D and that he would skate with some Leaf players today and/or Thursday on the off days to see if he could help now. We will see if it turns out to be true.
Lidstrom out of retirement?

Reactions: dsred and WTFMAN99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad