Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I believe in Q :sarcasm::sarcasm:

qanon.jpg

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Todd's comments make it sound like he will likely not play all week. I just don't get it. Just throw him in there today. What could go wrong?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Todd's comments make it sound like he will likely not play all week. I just don't get it. Just throw him in there today. What could go wrong?

I get not playing him today, let him get a practice or two. If not in Wednesday he should definitely be in Friday.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
My biggest complaint this season has been TMc's lineups. Some of it is just mind-boggling and I'm wondering what kind of plan it's based off of. COVID and injuries obviously had a part to play, but the fact that he continually trotted out MacDimwit to the tune of 26 times so far this season when just about anyone else that has suited up (maybe not Alt) at defense for the Kings this season is obviously much better is just maddening. FFS sometimes he was on the 2nd pairing. There must be some sort of directive to play Maatta as well. He and Walker have zero chemistry. Strand had much better chemistry with Maatta if you're hell bent on playing him. I feel bad for Walker who has continually been partnered with the worst defenseman to suit up that evening.

The untouchable nature of the 1st line is also frustrating. Brown started out GREAT, but he looks completely gassed lately. Can he get a game off or something? I would love for him to get a game break or two and try someone new on Kopi's wing. More often than not I dislike his bottom 6 mixing and matching as well. It strikes me as line blender-ish. Is there any thought at all in actually looking what each player could provide to a line and then having them play together? Sometimes it's so plainly obvious that a line combination is simply not going to work, but then you see it out there over and over. Thanks for improving the PK dramatically and for (now marginally) improving the PP, but even strength scoring is garbage. You're losing me Todd.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Craig Custance had a great quote from an NHL coach recently that amounted to "good teams mix the lines because come playoffs/injuries/adversity, everyone needs to know how to play with everyone else." I get the frustration, but I also think line mixing is something that happens to all teams and we just don't notice it as much when we're winning.

As for the complaints about ES goal scoring, look at the roster's finishing talent. News flash, we don't have any outside of AA and Kopitar when he decides to shoot the puck. Todd's ES system has clearly put this team in a better position to succeed, but we need shooting and high danger passing talent bad.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
11 games left when including tonight and he can play in six.

Saturday is the 2nd of a back-to-back in Anaheim so that could be the game. Only eight games left in the season at that point with two back-to-backs left on the schedule: they can plan on sitting him a game in each of the back-to-backs and have him right at the six games.

He doesn't *need* a week or so with the team to go out and play a game--Kaliyev didn't--but might as well give it to him if you can line up the six games perfectly starting this Saturday.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Now that we have seen Quinton in an NHL game, one thing is now clear; Quinton Byfield never plays another game for Sudbury in the OHL.

If a #2 OA pick is back in junior in his D+2 it would be very concerning.

I still think had it been a normal year and the Kings been forced to choose the OHL or NHL he would have been up with the Kings all year. I think this worked out well for the Kings with QB and AK being able to play in the AHL, the Kings probably benefitted more from the OHL being shut down than any other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad