Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can you post it for the rest of us Luc? Thanks
Sorry, not going to bypass the membership for people, not fair for the writers.

They might have a trial you can use if you want.
I spent 35$ for the athletic for the year and already got my value worth. Worth every penny. Great content.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
he's having the best season so far compared to his peers:

bouchard, boqvist, dobson

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hughes style of play is very unique, I don't think any of his peers compare to him. I'm sure some of the other defence prospects will put up points by rushing the puck or QBing the PP in the NHL. However, the way Hughes handles the puck, enters the offensive zone, and skates in all directions is something none of those defenceman do. He really wants the game to flow through him.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

It'd be interesting to head over to the london knights thread and see updates on Boqvist and Bouchard
Bouchard is in his 4th full year in Junior or like 200 + games, so I'd expect crazy dominance.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
:blush::blush:
Hughes just did "Heel Drag" between the legs on the rush, and set up a wide one net with his pass hackenberg.
It is similar to what Pettersson or every other player in the NHL does in their drags between the legs.
Except the Heel drag between the legs is 1000X more difficult. I've only seen Crosby do it before.
It's so difficult because the entire thing is on your backhand, and it so tough on your shoulder. The announcers were really laughing at the balls to attempt this.

This is the only play I know of that shows it is from Morgan frost.

Reactions: lindgren

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hughes style of play is very unique, I don't think any of his peers compare to him. I'm sure some of the other defence prospects will put up points by rushing the puck or QBing the PP in the NHL. However, the way Hughes handles the puck, enters the offensive zone, and skates in all directions is something none of those defenceman do. He really wants the game to flow through him.
He kind of reminds me of Housley when I watch him.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hughes with another assist. 2A so far

17 points in 13 games, producing at a 1.30 PPG. Unreal for a D+1 season, he is keeping the same pace as Makar who is a year older.

if the NCAA counted OT points, it would be 18 points in 13 games.

it would be 14 games. You have to count the game played if you are counting the points. But yeah.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
:blush::blush:
Hughes just did "Heel Drag" between the legs on the rush, and set up a wide one net with his pass hackenberg.
It is similar to what Pettersson or many every other player in the NHL does in their drags between the legs.
Except the Heel drag between the legs is 1000X more difficult. I've only seen Crosby do it before.
It's so difficult because it the entire thing is on your backhand, and it so tough on your shoulder. The announcers were really laughing at the balls to attempt this.

This is the only play I know of that shows it is from Morgan frost.

do you have a gif of Hughes?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov/Kotkaniemi/Tkachuk
5. Hughes/Hayton
7. Kravtsov/Zadina/Miller
10-12 Boqvist/Kaut/Bouchard

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov/Kotkaniemi/Tkachuk
5. Hughes/Hayton
7. Kravtsov/Zadina/Miller
10-12 Boqvist/Kaut/Bouchard
I agree this completely and AINEC

BTW regarding Hughes

Man I love this prospect :yo:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Not that I've watched them play much, but Boqvist looks to be having a good season in the OHL and Dobson is on a crap team. Hard to compare NCAA to the OHL; still early to say. Hughes looks like the most skilled and exciting to watch, though. We'll be spoiled watching him feed Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad