Quinn Hughes Mega thread: Top in points, Norris consideration, MVP and Canucks fans hearts

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
This thread just feeds the corsi haters. I/we have all admitted that his corsi is incredible. But at some point that needs to translate to actual points. That is the arguement we're making about him being overhyped/overrated/dumb thread/etc.

Dude needs some production and not jsut a to nof beautiful corsi numbers.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
This thread just feeds the corsi haters. I/we have all admitted that his corsi is incredible. But at some point that needs to translate to actual points. That is the arguement we're making about him being overhyped/overrated/dumb thread/etc.

4 points in 8 games isn't good production?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Swing and a miss!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Would be pretty incredible if canucks won the calder two years in a row, don’t think that has happened in the modern era..
I think i looked up if teams have recently had 3 calder finalists in succession...
Pens did with Crosby, Malkin, Staal...
I think Hawks did as well with Toews, Kane, Vertseeg and Crawford... And I wanna say the Avs maybe??
Can't remember now..

edit
Pens.. Crosby then Malkin/Staal 1-2 the following yr
Hawks.. Kane/Toewswes 1-2, Vertseetg the next, skip a yr, Crawford 4th the following - thats how you get a dynasty i guess.
Col.. Duchene, skip, Landeskog win, skip, McKinnon win.
Fla.. 2 wins in 3 yrs.... Huberdeau, Ekblad.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

You have the dumbest takes.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

You've done well in embarrassing yourself. Stick to hyping the Avs.

Reactions: Kreator

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
You've done well in embarrassing yourself. Stick to hyping the Avs.
Dude has 4 points in 8 games. For a guy with his own thread who were trying to sell to the hockey world as this holy crap rookie D, that simply isn't enough, especially for a team that is playing well overall. Its not like they're losing and hes the one bright spot. They're winning and he isn't putting up points. Ill give you the PP1 argument, but then this thread should have been posted a few games after he had success on PP1, not before.

And great take on the Avs comments. Ignoring that they're 7-1-1 against some of the best teams in the league, that is such a immature take. What is next? "You're mom" or "I'm ugly? No you're ugly". Looking up what fanbase someone is a part of and referencing it in a thread that has nothing to do with said team is really creative. Show me what Quinn Hughes is doing instead. A couple guy are referencing corsi and its a good argument and it shows that he is playing well and has all the potential in the world to keep trending upwards. My counter argument is where are the points? And no one has an answer yet.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Dude has 4 points in 8 games. For a guy with his own thread who were trying to sell to the hockey world as this holy crap rookie D, that simply isn't enough, especially for a team that is playing well overall. Its not like they're losing and hes the one bright spot. They're winning and he isn't putting up points. Ill give you the PP1 argument, but then this thread should have been posted a few games after he had success on PP1, not before.

And great take on the Avs comments. Ignoring that they're 7-1-1 against some of the best teams in the league, that is such a immature take. What is next? "You're mom" or "I'm ugly? No you're ugly". Looking up what fanbase someone is a part of and referencing it in a thread that has nothing to do with said team is really creative. Show me what Quinn Hughes is doing instead. A couple guy are referencing corsi and its a good argument and it shows that he is playing well and has all the potential in the world to keep trending upwards. My counter argument is where are the points? And no one has an answer yet.

They're coming.. be patient.

People just talking about how with the way he's playing and processing the game is a fantastic indicator of things to come.. like when it manifests into points. I don't think there is PPG threshold rule to talk about a player.

People point to you being an Avs fan because it's predictable. Makar is on your team.. the Calder favorite. So you putting up a stink about a Hughes thread wreaks of insecure bias.
We saw it last year when the primary couple of people trying to downplay Pettersson were Sabres fans... who had Dahlin as a Calder finalist.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Do you not know what Corsi is?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’s a really good young player. I’m looking forward to watching him develop.

I’m pretty sure that’s the only thing that really needs to be said.

My hot take? 50/50 he ends up being a more impactful player than his little bro.

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He's gonna be the 2nd best player in his draft

And I say that as someone who thinks the top 12 of that draft will be filled with top line players

That would end up being a pretty disappointing draft class if true. I know it already is pretty weak but you would think there would be better players than Quinn Hughes in the top 5 or 10 let alone the 2nd spot.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017

You do realize how strong a PPG pace he is on at 4 in 8 right? 8 Rookie D in 20 years have been at or above that mark.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

That's nice and all but Vancouver is 24th in the league on the PP...What good is a PP that generates shots but don't score? Is it a good thing for a PP to generate a lot of shots? Are they just taking bad shots? Is advanced stats even a good measure for special teams?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

The fact that you're insinuating hyping akin to momma jokes shows how immature and dumbfounded your perception is. Makar is one of the favourites to win the calder, and yet you feel insecure (when you don't need to) enough to put Hughes down simply at the notion that you want to supress people's thoughts that perhaps Hughes might play better than your holy boy Makar this season. Sad desperation attempt from you I take it. We all know Makar is > Hughes, so need to be salty.

Like I said 4pts in 8 games getting 2nd PP time is very good production for a rookie, especially when paired up with a strictly defensive d-man and actually looks defensively reliable given what people said that part about his game before the season. Also you seem to be completely unaware how badly your reading comprehension skills are if you actually still failed understand what the point of what this thread is for.

That would end up being a pretty disappointing draft class if true. I know it already is pretty weak but you would think there would be better players than Quinn Hughes in the top 5 or 10 let alone the 2nd spot.

You act as if Quinn Hughes is chop liver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
They're coming.. be patient.

People just talking about how with the way he's playing and processing the game is a fantastic indicator of things to come.. like when it manifests into points. I don't think there is PPG threshold rule to talk about a player.

People point to you being an Avs fan because it's predictable. Makar is on your team.. the Calder favorite. So you putting up a stink about a Hughes thread wreaks of insecure bias.
We saw it last year when the primary couple of people trying to downplay Pettersson were Sabres fans... who had Dahlin as a Calder finalist.
I actually kind of agree. I mean, as you said, that poster has Makar on their team. Makar is very clearly a superior player to Hughes, not even the biggest canucks homer disagrees with that. That particular poster looks like they want to subtly put down Hughes simply because Makar blows Hughes out of the water. Seems weird

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Eh, nah. I think he can be a 65+ point, 25+ min #1 DMan for 10+ years. That doesn’t come along every year.

5+ of Zadina/Tkachuk/Hayton/Svech/Koko/Krav/Wahl will be 60+ point fwds, Dobson/Boqvist could both be top pair and at least one should be a solid top 4 guy, but Quinn Hughes is a special player. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just as good as his little bro.

If you are low on Hughes, or extremely high on one of the other guys obviously the equation changes, which I assumed anyone who can read and write would be able to determine. Alas, here we are lol

It's a pretty damn solid bar with Horvat, Boeser, and ofc EP on the team.

Nucks are a few pieces away but they’re building a really nice core. If a few of the prospects breakout, watch out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad