Quinn Hughes Mega thread: Top in points, Norris consideration, MVP and Canucks fans hearts

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Is it just me or does he have the most unique playstyle in the league?

Furthermore he's only a few games into his NHL career and I don't think there is another defenceman in the league who can so effortlessly create scoring chances from routine plays. Not Dahlin, not Heiskanen, nor even Karlsson or Burns.

He's like a Marner or Kane on defence with even better skating. I feel he gets sorta underrated compared to Dahlin, Heiskanen, and Makar. I think he ends up the best offensively and has a chance to be the best overall as well.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What Julius Honka should have been

Gotta say though he's been pretty quiet in the few Canucks games I've watched. I'm gonna need to catch some more

I have a hard time seeing him being better offensively though than Makar and Dahlin. Those guys are always thinking offense all the time and making stuff happen everytime they enter the zone. Will probably be close though

• Haha
Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Quickly my favourite player on the team.

Went & saw him live against LA. Just felt like he could do whatever he wants when he's skating up ice with the puck, so shifty.

He's a breakout & zone entry machine, and good defensively too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Was thoroughly underwhelmed by his play this afternoon. Poor decisions with the puck, taking too long to make a play, losing battles defensively, and his skating left me expecting more given his hype as well.

It is absolutely laughable to suggest he'll be as good or better than Dahlin. Nobody compares to his upside or quite frankly the player he already is at 19 years old.

And before people start going on with nonsense about being a homer.... I've been quite disappointed with Makar for the Avs so far as well. He's having a lot of the same issues as Hughes right now. No doubt these kids have high upside and will be fantastic players in the future but both are struggling right now to me.

If anything I think more than ever before it is becoming clear just how hard it is to actually be an impact high level Defender when you're only 19/20 years old. And that Dahlin was absolutely robbed of the Calder last year with the ridiculous season he had at 18 years old.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Was thoroughly underwhelmed by his play this afternoon. Poor decisions with the puck, taking too long to make a play, losing battles defensively, and his skating left me expecting more given his hype as well.

It is absolutely laughable to suggest he'll be as good or better than Dahlin. Nobody compares to his upside or quite frankly the player he already is at 19 years old.

And before people start going on with nonsense about being a homer.... I've been quite disappointed with Makar for the Avs so far as well. He's having a lot of the same issues as Hughes right now. No doubt these kids have high upside and will be fantastic players in the future but both are struggling right now to me.

If anything I think more than ever before it is becoming clear just how hard it is to actually be an impact high level Defender when you're only 19/20 years old. And that Dahlin was absolutely robbed of the Calder last year with the ridiculous season he had at 18 years old.
Watching one game is enough for you to say he is struggling? lol

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
What will define whether he can become a true #1D, all-situation defender is how he handles power forwards like Draisaitl, who literally pushed him around the rink in their first game head-to-head. Nonetheless, Q Hughes has lots of potential.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Already the best defenseman at making scoring chances. Does it at will. League’s too easy for him. Better than Burns, Dahlin, and Heiskanen.

Well, we now know who is the most overrated player in the league.

Had a handful of brutal turnovers today, one of which led directly to him taking a penalty. Regularly beat to pucks along the boards despite his great skating ability and easily muscled off. Takes loads of point shots but hasn’t shown any particular ability to get them through traffic yet. Vancouver as a whole is overachieving so far, and this offensive dynamo is getting first unit powerplay time, but he only has a nothing secondary assist, and then a screened point shot goal and a nice assist in an 8-2 game against one of the worst teams in the league, in 7 games. But yeah, hand him the Norris.

Oh sorry, does this just mean I’m a “hater”?

• Haha
Reactions: Knight53

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
Already the best defenseman at making scoring chances. Does it at will. League’s too easy for him. Better than Burns, Dahlin, and Heiskanen.

Had a handful of brutal turnovers today, one of which led directly to him taking a penalty. Regularly beat to pucks along the boards despite his great skating ability and easily muscled off. Takes loads of point shots but hasn’t shown any particular ability to get them through traffic yet. Vancouver as a whole is overachieving so far, and this offensive dynamo is getting first unit powerplay time, but he only has a nothing secondary assist, and then a screened point shot goal and a nice assist in an 8-2 game against one of the worst teams in the league, in 7 games. But yeah, hand him the Norris.

Holy strawman!

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Today was the first game he got pp1 time. So ya try again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad