Quinn Hughes Mega thread: Top in points, Norris consideration, MVP and Canucks fans hearts

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Quinn Hughes is like Torey Krug except he is worse defensively and not as good offensively. Also Krug will actually get physical and battle for pucks at times, Quinn does not battle, especially not on the boards.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
He might be the most fun player to watch on the Canucks, even ahead of Petey's dangles.

His skating gives him the ability to rush the puck and enter the zone in a way we haven't had before. In the offensive zone, he is like a rover, always moving and creating chances every time he has the puck.

He has good stickwork defensively and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas, but definitely gets outmuscled by bigger, stronger players (Draisatl). I think he has the potential to be the best puck-moving offensive D in the league, but his overall ability to become one of the best overall defensemen in the league depends on how well he adapts his defensive game to bigger, stronger players.

I am super excited to have him on the Canucks, him and the rest of our young core give us the potential to have our best team since 2011, and maybe our most exciting team since the WCE days.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Quinn Hughes is like Torey Krug except he is worse defensively and not as good offensively. Also Krug will actually get physical and battle for pucks at times, Quinn does not battle, especially not on the boards.

wtf, this is the most bizarre post I have read today.

Q Hughes has been dominating defensively, look at his advanced stats they are near the top of the league right now.

In regards to his play style, yes he is one of the most unique defenceman in the league. He's a breakout, transition machine and is constantly creating offensive pressure. He's a franchise defenceman in the making.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Haha WE know you are not watching. quit lying.
:laugh:

You what, now? This is the most BS cop-out argument ever. I give you my word I watched those games. What do you want, a portfolio of evidence? :help:

I love HFBoards. I just wish more members actually understood what a discussion is and were capable of forming any kind of functional argument whatsoever.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Dahlin creates an absolute shit ton of scoring chances and pretty much everything he does looks effortless...have you seen him play?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
:laugh:

You what, now? This is the most BS cop-out argument ever. I give you my word I watched those games. What do you want, a portfolio of evidence? :help:

I love HFBoards. I just wish more members actually understood what a discussion is and were capable of forming any kind of functional argument whatsoever.
You started off by posting "This guy gets PP1 minutes" implying that he's been getting them all year. How many defensemen goals are not screens?

You want some type of exchange yet you really just want someone to respond with what you want to hear.

I do agree the Canucks are over achieving.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Im all for meaningless arguments but we all know that predicting who will be the best defensemen of Dahlin, Makar, Hughes and random finn hype train.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Lol while not as strong as Krug, Quinn has superior stick work and defensive awareness. Offensively he’s much more dynamic, he frequently creates opportunities out of nothing.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Where do you even get an opinion like this?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Let me know if that remains your opinion after you watch him in tomorrow's game vs the Rangers.

(Assuming you watch Ranger games)

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Ya he wasn’t great in the three minutes I saw, must be overhyped
I said the entire game and especially when it mattered (last 3 minute). All I see is Quinn and Calder is the same sentence on here and the kid looks like a very average dman to me. Nothing special. Middle pairing at best. Hell kid couldnt even make the PP1 on a pretty garbage Canucks team. Then went 0-6...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad