GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Czech Republic vs Germany

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czech coaching staff are idiotic. Vrana should just leave snd start his summer break. They don't appreciate him.
2nd leading scorer with 4 goals on our team... 9th leading scorer in entire tournament... why would we need a guy like that?

I do agree his backcheck is not exceptioanal... I'm sure his shot blocking is crap too but this will probably be a 1 goal game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Who the f*** let Drai in all alone.. that is literally our number 1 game plan: Stop Drai!

Great job Bartosak!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Germans are executing their gameplan to a T! Be patient, slow it down and counter attack.. that is now 3 great German chances and now a PP.

Germans are much like Swiss teams from 5 years ago.

Bartosak has such a tough job.. long spells of nothing and then Grade A scoring chances.

Also, Zohorna out against Drai? Why do Czech coaches refuse to line match against teams with dominant players? It is done against us constantly.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Oh man, we play so bad, we would really use Vrana I anticipated we come with different tactics, oh well. If we lose this I would rather emigrate if I was Rihanna.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Am I the only one that remembers Moravcik getting smoked by Kane for the game winner in last year's quarter? Maybe he shouldn't be out against elite NHL talent? He was in the ECHL at some point this year... I don't think an ECHL guy will do well against Drai. He should be staring at Gudas all night!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seriously.. which one of these doesn't belong:

Gulas... Frolik... Voracek

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like our coaches have overthought this... they see the Germans are tactical and smart. They like to grind it out and be patient. So they decided we would match that. We have the talent to go '8o's hockey' and we should've played our strength (scoring depth) against them. 3 strong lines attacking until Germans are tired.

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Gulas choice is really puzzling me. He is not clicking with his linemates at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn't know Darina was pregnant!

Well, that period looked exactly what the Germans wanted it to look like. Drai busted through our ECHL guy and got a breakaway, we didn't score and we're sending out 30 something extraliga guys out on our powerplay instead of young NHL players.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I'm enjoying the structured play of our boys, didn't expect this against CZ.
Keep it up and good things will happen, just cut those stupid penalties. (I'm looking at you, Hager).

Reactions: PenDuhNotPittsburgh

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gulas choice is really puzzling me. He is not clicking with his linemates at all.
That's because he is in his mid 30's and plays in the Extraliga.

Neat fact! The highest scoring player from the Extraliga, after pool play, in this tournament of 300 + players was Gulas with 2 points.. it put him 160th in scoring. #needsmoreextraliga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad